|“||Burn it! BURN IT ALL!||”|
Liv is up for a big sci-fi movie role, and Maddie has to retake her driver’s test. Liv is having a little trouble with how she could get the lead in the movie, but when she sees that Maddie is a sci-fi geek, she asks her sister for help. Maddie wants to help, but her test is on the day of Liv's autograph-signing. That's when they decide to have a switch-a-rooney and masquerade as each other. There's just one big problem: Maddie can't see without her glasses, and Liv can't see with glasses.
The episode starts as Joey, Parker, Karen, and Pete prepare for Liv and Maddie's drivers license achieving celebration, when a gleeful Liv comes in and reveals that only one of them passed her drivers test and it was her. Immediately everyone starts taking down and apart decorations as a dejected Maddie walks in, stating that you shouldn't fail the test just because you can't do a left turn. Liv is given the lead role in a film adaptation of the well-known Space Werewolves sci-fi novel, the boys and Artie are concerned that Liv is unsuitable for the role due to the fact that her role, Tristan Lycanth, is a guy. When Maddie reveals she has read all 64 books, they agree to swap places again (the first being when they were 6, the second in Twin-A-Rooney) Maddie doing Liv's meet-and-greet in turn for Liv taking Maddie's driver's exam. Unfortunately for Liv, the driver's test goes awry when she is forced to wear Maddie's glasses and she fails. Only Parker and Joey know that they swapped due to Maddie accidentally letting slip a "BAM, WHAT?!" after answering a bit of a Space Werewolves quiz from Artie. However they all soon believe Liv is truly perfect for the role at the end becaus the boys realized they were being too judgemental on Liv. Meanwhile, Diggie tries to win Pete's approval through BBQ. Unfortunately, they were busted by Karen, Liv having to be her driver whenever she goes out and Maddie being forbidden to retake the test until she's 17 (the last punishment was having their names written in pernament marker on their foreheads.
| This episode summary is not finished yet.
Please excuse the summary's unfinished state and try adding to it so we can finish it!
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
- Emmy Buckner as Liv #2
- Shelby Wulfert as Maddie #2
- Jimmy Bellinger as Artie Smalls
- Ryan McCartan as Diggie
- Suzy Nakamura as Tammy (Driver Attendant)
Diggie: I'm stoked for Maddie. Having a license, that means she can go anywhere and do anything... that a responsible teenager would do after getting approval from her father. Not that I've ever asked her not to get approval, why am I still talking?
Pete: Why are you in my house? Why haven't you got a haircut? We've all got questions.
Liv: Hold your rah rahs. Only one of us passed. Total bummer rang.
Pete: Aw, you'll get it next time, kid.
Maddie: Who needs their license anyway, am I right? I DO, I NEED MY LICENSE!
Diggie: Don't worry, Maddie, I'll drive you anywhere you wanna go. Seriously, why am I still talking? Why am I still here? I'll go get my hair cut.
Maddie: Sup, Diggie?
Diggie: Sup, Rooney?
Diggie: Here we are: a couple of dudes getting ready to do some chilling and grilling. Are you okay that I just called you a dude?
Pete: Relax, we're barbecuing. Everybody's a dude.
Pete: Bring your own steak... classic!
Karen: Why are you messing with that poor boy?
Maddie: Bam, What?!
Maddie: I mean space-tastic question.
Parker: I sold Liv's toothbrush to a fan for 15 gummy eyeballs.
Joey: Too bad she only has one toothbrush.
Driver Attendant: You're forgetting something.
Liv: Oh, (sing-song) lip gloss.
Karen: Don't let me do it again.
Maddie: Oh, the summer of headbands.
Karen: And Maddie, no license till your 17.
- This episode premiered the same night as Dove's movie, Cloud 9.
- This is the second episode to air on Friday.
- In this episode they switch places although they have done this before this is the first time we get to see them switch places.
- Liv and Maddie did a Switch-a-Rooney when they were 6, which resulted in Karen writing their names on their foreheads in permanent marker. So that summer they had to wear headbands, which Liv claims that they "rocked the look".
- Liv's role on the sci-fi movie was a girl named Tristan. The role was originally for a guy but it was changed into a girl.
- Maddie failed her driving test and Liv passed due to Maddie's inability to take a left turn.
- If you look closely, when Parker and Joey are in the comic book store, there is a DVD called Bits & Pieces, which was the original name for the show.
- This is the second time Liv has pretended to be Maddie. The first time occured in Twin-A-Rooney.
- In Sweet 16-A-Rooney, Liv and Maddie become sixteen so they can have a driver license, and in this episode they take a driving test to get their driving license.
| To view the Switch-A-Rooney gallery, click here.