|“||Do you need some tissues in case you start crying when YOU LOSE?!||”|
OverviewAfter Liv realizes just how much Parker has grown up while she was away, she volunteers to supervise his sleepover in hopes of reconnecting with him. But when all her activities backfire and start to embarrass Parker in front of his friends, Liv has to up her game in order to impress her little brother. Meanwhile, Maddie and Willow work on a school project, and Joey and Pete go on a road trip to the Pastrami Palace that leads to a wild night of fun.
The episode begins with Parker and Maddie in Liv and Maddie's room playing a board game. Maddie is fiercely taunting and pressuring Parker, explaining that if she rolls a nine or six, she wins. Parker taunts her back. In a confessional, Liv reveals that when she left for Hollywood, Parker was only 6 and he's grown up a lot since then. Just as Liv walks in, Maddie ends up rolling a 5 and to celebrate, she "oos" like a monkey and punches Parker in the arm. Parker and Maddie explain to Liv that while she was away, they created a game called "I Smack Your World," a mash up between "I Rule the World" and "Stack It and Smack It." They invite Liv to play, who is a little cautious of the safety of the game. Maddie says it gets really intense, explaining that Parker once rolled a ten and knocked down their deceased Great Gran's urn. In a confessional, Liv realizes she missed out on getting to know Parker and missed a funeral. Oops!
Pete walks into the kitchen to see Karen who appears to be extremely sick. In a confessional, she reveals she is faking it so she does not have to go to the Pastrami Palace with Pete. Instead, Pete asks Liv who gives him a no thanks. Pete then encounters Joey in the living room playing video games. He chastises him for playing video games on a Friday night when he should be out having fun. Pete invites Joey to come to the Pastrami Palace with him so he can show him some real fun. At first Joey doesn't want to but when he opens the door and finds Willow, he is suddenly extremely interested in going.
In the next scene, Liv reveals to Karen that she knows she's not really sick, suggesting acting lessons to her. Karen is relieved because she won't have to pretend to be sick all night and she can go watch Downtown Abbey. Soon, Parker comes rushing down the stairs to make sure Karen is prepared for his sleepover with his karate friends. But Karen forgot, thinking the sleepover was at someone else's house. Parker wants to have "playground buzz" at school and needs the party to be perfect. Liv sees this as the perfect opportunity to get close to Parker, so she volunteers to chaperone the party. Karen thanks Liv and goes upstairs to enjoy her show.
On their way to the Pastrami Palace, Pete becomes irritated over Joey's concentration on his video games and swipes his Z-Phone away. Just then he gets pulled over by a police officer for texting while driving. The officer who pulls them over turns out to be a friend of Pete's from high school named Mike Clarkson. Clarkson enthusiastically brags about their high school exploits with one another, and to Joey. Once he finds out that Pete is taking his son to Pastrami Palace's last night, he offers to take the two of them to the restaurant himself.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
Maddie: You wanna play?
Liv: Sure, yeah. Um, do I require a helmet?
Maddie: Yeah, this game actually gets really intense. Mom banned us from playing in the living room because one time, Parker rolled a ten and on his ninth cartwheel knocked over Great-Gran's urn.
Parker: But her memory still lives on. In the dirt-vac.
Liv: OK, I know we weren't all fans of Duck Duck Dinosaur but there is something waiting for you outside that is going to blow your ten year old minds!
Evan: I'm nine.
Maddie: *sighs* Fine!
- This episode focuses on the relationship of Liv and Parker.
- It is revealed in this episode that Parker is ten And that he was 6 when Liv left for hollywood. Meaning Liv was gone for 4 full years.
- It is revealed that Great Grammy has died.
- Liv didn't know that her Great Grammy died.
- It is revealed that Maddie's real name is Madison.
- When Liv and Maddie's mom pretend to be sick, she stays that she wants to watch then show "Downtown Abbey". "Downtown Abbey" was actually originally mentioned in another Disney show Jessie, in the episode, "Kids Don't Wanna Be Shunned".
- Reggie was absent for this episode due to unknown reasons.
- In Twin-A-Rooney, Liv thought Parker (and Joey) had already grown up, and in this episode, she realizes that Parker has and tries not to play any games he liked to play when Parker was little.
| To view the Sleep-A-Rooney gallery, click here.
| To view the Sleep-A-Rooney video gallery, click here.