|Season 1||Season 2||Episode Guide||Season 3||Season 4|
Season 4 of Liv and Maddie was announced on December 21, 2015. Production started in January 2016. Season 4 started airing on September 23, 2016. This is the final season of the show and will end in 2017. Dove Cameron confirmed filming the final episode via Twitter.. The first episode was Sorta-Sisters-A-Rooney, and the final episode is End-A-Rooney. The series will end on March 24th.
This season also brings in a new title for the show: Liv and Maddie: Cali Style. There is also a new opening sequence.
"Liv and Maddie: Cali Style" follows twins, Liv and Maddie Rooney, who have recently moved from Wisconsin to California. Living in their aunt and cousin’s beach house, Liv continues to pursue her acting and singing career, while Maddie has been accepted into her dream college on a basketball scholarship. Meanwhile, after the twins’ precocious younger brothers ruin their Wisconsin home, the rest of the Rooneys are forced to move to California too.
The fourth season finds the twins building an even stronger bond as they deal with the highs and lows of a new home and friendships. While Pete has opted to go back to Wisconsin to resume his coaching job, the Rooneys adjust to their new lives. Liv is thrilled when her younger cousin, Ruby, unexpectedly follows in her footsteps and is cast in her upcoming television series. Maddie continues to perfect her basketball game, while balancing academics and a long-distance relationship with boyfriend Diggie. All the while, Joey becomes the cool kid in school and unexpectedly finds his calling as a stand-up comic. Parker finally meets his mind-match at his new tech high school and experiences a first crush, and Karen, enjoying her more relaxed Cali lifestyle, contemplates pursuing a modeling career.
- 09/23/16 - Sorta-Sisters-A-Rooney (401)
- 09/30/16 - Linda and Heather-A-Rooney (402)
- 10/14/16 - Scare-A-Rooney (403)
- 11/18/16 - Sing It Louder!!-A-Rooney (404)
- 11/25/16 - Slumber Party-A-Rooney (405)
- 12/02/16 - Cali Christmas-A-Rooney (411)
- 01/06/17 - Stand-Up-A-Rooney (406)
- 01/13/17 - Roll Model-A-Rooney (407)
- 01/20/17 - Falcon-A-Rooney (408)
- 01/27/17 - Ex-A-Rooney (409)
- 02/17/17 - Tiny House-A-Rooney (410) 
- 02/24/17 - Big Break-A-Rooney (414) 
- 03/03/17 - Sing It Live!!!-A-Rooney (412) 
- 03/17/17 - Voice-A-Rooney (413) 
- 03/24/17 - End-A-Rooney (415) 
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney (3/3)
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney (3/3)
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney (3/3)
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney (3/3)
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis as Ruby (3/3)
- Jessica Marie Garcia as Willow Cruz (1/3)
- Lucas Adams as Josh Willcox
- Jimmy Bellinger as Artie Smalls
- Shak Ghacha as Dump Truck
- Ryan McCartan as Diggie Smalls
- Carter Hastings as Evan
- Jordan Fisher as Holden Dippledorf
- Victoria Moroles as Andie Bustamante
- Kurt Long as Johnny Nimbus
- Chloé Wepper as Gemma Nimbus
- J.J. Totah as Skeeter Parham
- Chloe East as Val (2/3)
- Amarr M. Wooten as Finch (2/3)
- Jolie Jenkins as Aunt Dena (2/3)
Special Guest Stars
- Rena Strober as Becky Bicklehoff (1/3)
- Laura Bell Bundy as TBA
- Frank Caliendoas Vince
- Darren Bluestone as Schnoop
- This is the final season of the show.
- Production on season 4 began in January and the first episode was filmed in February 2016.
- This season makes Liv and Maddie the 11th Disney Channel or Disney XD Original Series to make it to a fourth season and the ninth non-animated series to make it to a fourth season, preceded by That's So Raven, Kim Possible, Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, Kickin' It, Austin & Ally, Jessie, and Lab Rats.
- This season contains of 15 episodes.
- Like with most 4th seasons of Disney shows, the series setting changes locations. The Rooney's relocate from Stevens Point, Wisconsin to Los Angeles, California.
- Josh is returning in season 4. Joey Bragg also hinted that Josh might be back for an episode that features a movie. However, its most likely that he meant the one episode that Josh is known to appear in.
- Joey Bragg said this season is very different to the other 3.
- This season introduces a new main character, Ruby, who is the Rooney's cousin. She replaces Pete in the opening theme.
- The opening changes this season.
- This is the only time in the series where the opening is different.
- The new opening was released on September 19, 2016.
- This is the only time in the series where the opening is different.
- Josh, Willow and Artie, Holden and Andie are all back this season.
- Joey and Parker's new school, BOOMS, is introduced in this season.
- There's a Christmas episode this season
- As seen in a picture on John Hart's twitter, Ryan McCartan will be making an appearance this season and will also be appearing in one or more of the final episodes as seen from Ryan's snapchat and John Beck's twitter.
- The set used this season is very similar to the one that was used on the former Disney Channel show, Hannah Montana, which was also set in Malibu. They obviously used the same set, especially with both sets being a beach house in Malibu.
- Dove Cameron recorded the final song of the season (and series) on May 22nd, 2016.
- The last promo photoshoot for this season and series was held on May 21st, 2016.
- Since this season has 15 episodes, it makes Liv and Maddie the first Disney Channel show since 2011 with Hannah Montana to make it to a fourth season, but to have less than 20 episodes. This season has 15 episodes like how Hannah Montana Forever had 13 episodes in its fourth season.
- This season introduces a new character, Skeeter Parham, who is portrayed by J.J. Totah, who starred as Stuart Wooten in Jessie.
- This season has the least number of episodes out of all 4 seasons. There were originally supposed to be 20 episodes, but the season was cut down to 15 due to Dove Cameron filming Descendants 2.
- The last episode of the series was shot on June 28th 2016.
- There are two new sets this season. - Aunt Dena's Beach House and a beach.
- Lucas Adams has said this season is gonna "be a lot of fun".
- The series finale is called End-A-Rooney, and the cast had a table read for the episode on June 22nd, 2016.
- Benjamin King is not appearing in this season.
- With this season's 15 episodes, the entire series has 80 episodes: season 1 had 21 episodes, season 2 had 24 episodes, season 3 had 20 episodes and season 4 has 15 episodes.
- This season, just like Hannah Montana season 4 changed to Hannah Montana Forever, is titled Liv and Maddie: Cali Style.
- Liv and Maddie is very similar to Hannah Montana. They each had 4 seasons with less than 20 episodes each, they each changed the season 4 titles (Hannah Montana Forever (season 4) and Liv and Maddie: Cali Style (season 4), and both shows changed locations.
- Liv is on a new show called Sing It Louder!!, along with Ruby.
- This season features a new intro as a clip and typical opening, making Liv and Maddie, K.C. Undercover and Wizards of Waverly Place the only Disney Channel Original Series' to have a clip opening.
- This is Dove Cameron's favourite season.
- The intro is similar to the Wizards of Waverly Place season 4 intro, where actions of the characters are in something of sorts. With Liv and Maddie, it shows an outline of sunglasses and the characters, whereas in WOWP, it showed the outline of the spell book and the potion bowl with the characters.
- Something big might happen this season as Jon posted a twitter update urging fans to keep watching Liv and Maddie: Cali Style. 
- Since this season features Sing It Louder!!, it makes Liv and Maddie the fourth Disney Channel Original Series to have a show within a show, preceded after The Famous Jett Jackson, Sonny With a Chance, and Shake It Up. Although, this concept was used before in Season 3 with Voltage and in Season 1 with Sing It Loud!. It also makes Liv and Maddie the first series on Disney Channel to use a spinoff show within a show type.
- Voltage appears in season 4 with Joey guest staring alongside Josh's new character, Max Von Pluto, repaying his role as Jax Von Hexburg.
- In addition, during the intro for this season, when it shows Joey, if you look closely, he is seen his Jax Von Hapsburg costume from Friend-A-Rooney.
- According to the Hannah Montana Wikipedia page for season 4, it had gotten 15 episodes, but only aired 13 due to 2 one hour specials airing as one episode. This means that Liv and Maddie and Hannah Montana both have 15 episodes for their 4th seasons each.
- Considering the title for episode 14, there's a chance there might be a birthday episode this season, unless it is another kind of celebration.
- There are new episodes every Friday in January, starting from January 6th with Stand-Up-A-Rooney to Ex-A-Rooney, airing on the 27th.
- The January episodes feature new music, romance and "Cali-Style laughs".
- The intro shows clips from the episodes, Linda and Heather-A-Rooney, Sing It Louder!!-A-Rooney, Slumber Party-A-Rooney, Stand-Up-A-Rooney, Roll Model-A-Rooney, and Ex-A-Rooney. Plus some episodes that have not yet been aired.
- The series will end on March 24th.
- Ruby doesn't appear in Ex-A-Rooney, Tiny House-A-Rooney, and another episode this season.