Liv and her fellow female co-stars of "Sing It Louder!!" attempt to break the stereotype that boys are better than girls at 'boy stuff' by organizing a woodblock derby race against the boys. Meanwhile, Maddie and Willow take part in a pepper eating challenge at their local restaurant which apparently has only been won by men before.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis as Ruby
- Emmy Buckner as Liv #2
- Shelby Wulfert as Maddie #2
- Jessica Marie Garcia as Willow Cruz
- Laya Hayes as Priya
- Andie is mentioned in this episode.
- Darron Bluestone guest stars in this episode, playing Schnoop, the waiter.
- Willow returns since Linda and Heather-A-Rooney.
- This episode deals with the theme of gender equality and gender stereotypes.
- In the original script the name of the restaurant is "The Surfin' Sombrero".
- Originally, the Habanero Hatrack challenge was scripted to consist of fifteen peppers.
- An episode of Sing It Loud! was called Race It Loud.
- The Woodblock Derby is based on the Pinewood Derby, a yearly event of the Cub Scout division of the Boy Scouts of America.
- In real life, the girls' car would have most likely lost, as the plastic rat on top would have added excessive wind resistance.
- Ruby wears the same outfit she wears in her promotional photo.
- The restaurant Maddie and Willow go to is seen again in Ex-A-Rooney.
- Darren Bluestone and Evan Todd, who both appear in this episode as Schnoop and Zach, are dating in real life.
- This episode is similar to the Girl Meets World episode Girl Meets STEM and the Best Friends Whenever episode Princess Problems because Liv (Riley/Shelby) felt offended that Zach (Farkle/Barry) suggested or implied that girls can't do things boys can. Just like those episodes, this episode also involved the contention that girls can't be into science like boys; Zach wouldn't let the girls win the roller derby because science is boy stuff, much like how Riley felt Farkle wouldn't let them do the science portion of the marble experiment or how Shelby felt Barry wouldn't let her figure out the time rift just because they were girls.
- Similar to Girl Meets STEM, both Liv and Riley discuss with their fellow girls about how they take the interests/roles they think they're supposed to take, and how it doesn't have to be that way. Liv and later takes a stand by having Zach hold a roller derby race, while Riley takes a stand by refusing to drop the marble.
- Similar to Princess Problems, Liv and Shelby & Cyd try to prove that girls are just as capable of science by competing against the boys: Liv, Ruby and Priya compete in a roller derby race to determine who wins in Race It Louder!!, much like how Shelby and Cyd competed with Barry to open the time rift to send Princess Daisy Grundenwald home.
- Unlike those two episodes however, the male character challenged, in this case Zach, was being biased.
| To view the Roll Model-A-Rooney gallery, click here.