— Maddie's catchphrase
The 6th, 1997 12:02 AM (Age 16)
Basketball Player/Team Captain
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Madison "Maddie" Rooney is the identical twin sister of Liv. She's the tomboy, compared to her sister, but there are times where she reveals her girly side. Aside from Liv, Maddie has two brothers and parents who work at the school that she and Liv attend. Maddie, whose popularity as an outstanding student and school basketball phenomenon is on the rise, finds out that things may take an unexpected turn when her Hollywood star sister, Liv makes a triumphant return to their Wisconsin High School. Despite the fact that her sister is a star, Liv learns to respect Maddie for who she is. As of now, Maddie seems to be confident in herself, not letting her sister's fame get to her. Her catchphrase is "Bam! What?!", which she often says after proving a point or winning in a discussion. She is currently dating Diggie as of Move-A-Rooney.
She is portrayed by Dove Cameron.
Maddie is a very nice and thoughtful girl. She is very athletic and even considers herself an athlete. Maddie becomes the Captain of the girl's basketball team and can often be seen shooting hoops in the backyard of her house. Even though she and Liv are complete opposites, she still gets along with her very well and is excited when she returns. Maddie is driven, smart, and very witty. She loves to win and doesn't really show her feelings as much as Liv does.
Maddie is super excited that Liv returns home from Hollywood and happy to share things with her that she couldn't with her while she was away.
When preparing for the dance, she shows her tomboy side. She doesn't take Liv's fashion advice about avoiding wearing sneakers to the dance. It is shown she has trouble when wearing heels.
What sometimes annoys Maddie is that everyone says that Liv is cute, although it doesn't seem practical to Maddie because Liv and Maddie have the same face.Maddie is a very pretty tomboy she is a very good player and is just like her sister does not let anyone bring her down dont matter how bad she does.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Maddie is a very good basketball player. Basketball is one of her many talents. Maddie also is very determined and competitive, which helps her play to her full potential.
Maddie is weak at flirting. She doesn't seem to know how to talk to Diggie, despite Liv's constant advice in the first episode, though later she can talk to him casually. Although Diggie likes the way Maddie flirts, Liv does not.
She is also weak at hiding her nervousness. Also, some may consider Maddie (mainly Liv) weak in fashion. Maddie usually dresses down and doesn't worry too much about her outfits. In Twin-A-Rooney, Maddie even wears high tops with her dress when going to the dance, even though Liv disapproves.
(Twin Sister, Best Friend)
Maddie and Liv are best friends and twin sisters. They tell each other personal things, and always want to help each other out. There are times they gets into an argument/fight, but they always get over it and make up. When they were in 2nd Grade, they made a 'corny' art project together. On the project, they wrote: Sisters by chance, Friends by choice. The two were very excited to see each other again when Liv decided to come home after her TV show: Sing It Loud, ended. After Maddie told Liv not to do anything about her and Diggie, she didn't listen and tried helping her out by asking him out for her. They may have many differences, but they always put their differences aside and help each other. The pair care about each other very much, and would do anything that would make each other happy. (See: Liv and Maddie (relationship))
Joey and Maddie get along pretty well.
Maddie and Parker have a good brother-sister relationship, when Liv was in Hollywood Maddie and Parker played and made up games together. They enjoy spending time together and they have a lot of fun.
To be added.
Pete is Maddie's father and basketball coach, he coaches the basketball team (including Maddie).
Maddie and Diggie are close friends. They appear to get along great and are very simliar to one another. When Diggie tried to ask Maddie out, she tried to flirt back, failing miserably as her response. Maddie explained to Liv how she wanted Diggie to go to the dance with her and how she had a crush on him. Later on, after Maddie tells Liv not to help her out with her boy problems, Liv takes it a different way and asks Diggie out, pretending to be Maddie. He rejects, but then later explains to Maddie that he knew it wasn't her because she didn't the cute thing she did with her charm bracelet when she was nervous. They start dating in Move-A-Rooney (See: Diggie and Maddie (relationship))
Are you nosy and sparkly?
If Diggie knows I like him I lose the advantage, if I lose the advantage I lose and I don't lose. BAM, WHAT?!
I'm an athlete, I don't get nervous.
I put a dress on, do not push it.
That's not even a real word but somehow I no exactly what it means.
Liv, what are you doing in here?
Remind me what step two is again.
You wanna play?
Yeah, this game actually gets really intense. Mom banned us from playing in the living room because one time, Parker rolled a ten and on his ninth cartwheel knocked over Great-Gran's urn.
Not yay, not even a little yay. It was humiliating.
Yeah, there's been a lot of Liv Time since you've moved home.
Did I just see you talk to Kylie?
Don't be surprised when your Kay Kay turns into Cray Cray.
Oh Liv, I would so go to the mall with you! Except I hate the mall, and I'm busy.
I need you to go flirt with our brother!
You know I do. I got this really cool knight costume and it is going to melt your face off!
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Er, I'm a knight. We said we were gonna be knights.
Are you kidding? We're never going to be able to enter the couples' contest now.
Yep, that is us. A couple, haha, of k/nights. Hah, if there was one more of us we'd be a few! But there's not because we're a couple of k/nights!
Liv, you do know that being in a skateboarding movie doesn't actually qualify you to judge skateboarders.
I stopped like twelve ling-a-dings-dings ago.
Hi mom, I had the best day during community center, helping people feels so great.
Ugh I'm so tired.
Liv, why are you throwing out everything that I like? I thought this was our party.
Wait, this is all for me? Where's your red carpet party?
[Maddie takes the plug out] Hey, superhero, plug's right here.
What did I just do? I just promised that we could top the Grizwaltz Tinsel Fly By! Why did I just promise that?
Well, I failed. I guess that's how it feels to be a loser.
You know what I'm talking about Joey
I'll face your fan boys.
Bam! What?! I mean Space-tastic question.
I just don't think it's going to work out.
But there's someone else
Ready Dad? Got to get some practice.
I'd rather go play basketball.
Wow, tomorrow's our last day in Steven's Point.
If I only have one day left here, I'm gonna tell Diggie how I feel about him.
I was going to but I got really hurt when you blew me off after reading my note.
The one I wrote on the basketball? Like one does when one is terrified of getting hurt, like one did.
I like you Diggie.
Maddie and Diggie are officially in like with each other.
We sure did.
Yeah I guess. So sup?
Okay, Willow. Ready? Focus. Fire it at me, right here. (Willow throws ball at a pot instead and breaks it by accident). Perfect if we were playing smash that pot. Willow, you've been in a slump for days.
Thank you for the ride.
Okay, but what does Joey have to do with your pitching?
I think we need professional help.
Mom, I can see and hear you.
- She has been playing basketball with her dad since she was 5.
- It was revealed in Sleep-A-Rooney that her full
- Maddie is an athlete and is on the girl's basketball team and happens to be the captain at Ridgewood High.
- In Twin-A-Rooney it is revealed that Maddie plays with her charm bracelet when she is nervous.
- Her good friend and boyfriend is Diggie.
- "Bam! What?!" seems to be Maddie's catchphrase
- Maddie is a tomboy compared to Liv.
- Maddie and Joey are the only two people in their household to wear glasses.
- Maddie loves to win.
- She likes to be competitive.
- It is unknown why Maddie and her twin Liv got blonde hair, while her parents and brothers have brown/black hair, perhaps her parents are carriers of the trait for blonde hair.
- Maddie's team number is 5.
- Maddie's favorite local resturant is "The Hoosegow", an Old West-themed steak and rib house; this is revealed in the Are You Liv or Maddie?game on DisneyChannel.com.
- When the girls pretend to be one another, they refer to it as a "Switch-a-Rooney"; this is revealed in the Are You Liv or Maddie?game on DisneyChannel.com.
- The first time the girls pretended to be each other was when they were six; this is revealed in the Are You Liv or Maddie?game on DisneyChannel.com.
- Maddie volunteers at a local senior center teaching a fitness class; this is revealed in the Are You Liv or Maddie?game on DisneyChannel.com.
- It is revealed in Steal-A-Rooney that Maddie hates the mall.
- In Sweet 16-A-Rooney it is revealed that Maddie is the younger twin as she was born on the 6th.
- She loves chicken pot pie.
- She has a girly-girl side to her, but she is mostly tomboy, while her twin is the opposite.
- Her best friend is Liv.
- Maddie doesn't know how to make a left hand turn. (Switch-A-Rooney)
- She didn't really want Liv to play Tristan in "Space Werewolves". (Switch-A-Rooney)
- Maddie is more academic, compared to her sister Liv.
- She often uses the number 5 due to her thinking that 5 was her lucky number until the events of Sweet 16-A-Rooney.
- Her most common catchprase is "Bam! What?"
- She was grounded to go to the mall for six months (Steal-A-Rooney).
- She doesn't like going to the mall. (Steal-A-Rooney)
- Willow said that Maddie reminds her of Joey.
- She tried to make Willow forget about Joey and concentrate more on practicing softball. (Slump-A-Rooney)
- Maddie became girly for the first time in Shoe-A-Rooney.
| To view the Maddie Rooney gallery, click here.