Liv invites the director and crew of “Voltage” over for the Rooney’s annual Christmas Eve dinner, but ends up needing to enlist Artie’s help to prepare the meal and make sure things go perfectly. Maddie and Willow’s gift exchange takes a strange turn.
Parker accidentally gives his coupon book gift to Joey instead of Karen. Joey takes advantage of it and has Parker perform many of the tasks written on the coupons. Liv discovers that Karen's special Christmas Eve dinners were nothing more than takeout food. Liv is now forced to ask Artie for help, to which he happily agrees if Liv will do a photo shoot with him. Unfortunately, Liv has no choice but to agree. Later, Liv invites Gemma and her crew to the dinner because they were busy working with Voltage rather than spending time with their families. Meanwhile, Maddie pranks Willow by giving her a present with coal in it, but Willow takes it to heart. Later, Maddie and Willow accidentally wrap the coal in one of the presents Santa will be handing out. Shortly after, when Willow performs that same trick on Johnny Nimbus that Maddie performed on her, she understands why it was funny. Maddie then ends up inviting Johnny Nimbus to dinner and they, the rest of the people, and the Rooneys all enjoy a nice Christmas dinner.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
- Jessica Marie Garcia as Willow Cruz
- Jimmy Bellinger as Artie Smalls
- Chloé Wepper as Gemma
- Kurt Long as Johnny Nimbus
- Ariana Greenblatt as Raina
- Emmersyn Fiorentino as Santa's visitor
- This episode is a Christmas special. It's the second of the series after Fa La La La-A-Rooney.
- This is the last episode to air in 2015.
- The names of two of Artie's minions are Taylor and Joel.
- This is the lowest rated Liv and Maddie episode.
- This episode includes Ariana Greenblatt, who stars as Daphne Diaz in Stuck In The Middle.
- This was Tenzing Norgay Trainor's favourite episode.
- The title is an obvious pun on the Christmas song, Joy to the World.
- Ariana Greenblatt, who plays Daphne in Disney Channel's Stuck In The Middle, guest stars in this episode.
| To view the Joy To-A-Rooney gallery, click here.