|“||He really is sweet.||”|
|“|| Maddie: Will you go out with me?|
|“||I really really like Josh. Like really like Josh. The last thing I wanna do is make him feel bad.||”|
|“||The mango really brings out your eyes.||”|
|“|| Josh: Wow. You look beautiful, Maddie.|
Maddie: (giggles) Thanks. And you mister, do make a very handsome usher.
|“|| Josh: Glad you came out with us, Maddie.|
Maddie: (smiles lovingly) Yeah, dude me too. This has been a blast.
|“||I'm a Josh fan. Team Mosh, forever.||”|
Josh and Maddie
Josh and Maddie (also known as Mosh) is the popular, romantic/friendship paring between Josh Willcox and Maddie Rooney. They are the most popular pairing on the show, as of season 3. Josh and Maddie first met in Cowbell-A-Rooney and Josh was revealed to have feelings for Maddie, after instantly falling in love with her, which he admitted to Liv. In Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, Josh wanted and tried to ask Maddie out. During a basketball lesson, they almost kissed and she was revealed to like him back. Then in Vive-La-Rooney, Josh and Maddie admitted their feelings for each other to her dad, with Maddie saying Josh liked her and he asked for advice. Josh tried to get over his extreme fears in order to be with Maddie and had the courage to tell her how he truly felt. Maddie said she was finally ready to move on, she and Josh admitted their true feelings for each other, Maddie asked Josh out, and they started dating.
In Home Run-A-Rooney, Maddie and Josh went on their first date to a basketball match, which included a do-over first date, since the date didn't go so great the first time. Then in Scoop-A-Rooney, Josh and Maddie's relationship was growing very strong, but Diggie returned wanting Maddie back despite her dating Josh, leaving her confused on who she wanted to be with.
In Choose-A-Rooney, Josh revealed he and Maddie had been dating for two months, but she had to choose between him or Diggie. Maddie chose Diggie, causing her and Josh to break up. Josh said he would be okay, but really struggled to let Maddie go, showing how strong his feelings were for her and again, showing he loved her, leaving Josh completely heartbroken, so much he even cried a little, and Maddie was left teary-eyed. Then in Friend-A-Rooney, Josh is really depressed after his break up with Maddie, causing him to lose his confidence, showing Josh still loves Maddie and isn't over her. It even goes as far as him not remembering how to do stuff, including how to breathe.
It has been confirmed that Josh is in love with Maddie. In Ex-A-Rooney, Josh and Maddie start to hang out again, rekindling their friendship, which causes Joey to feel awkward and question their friendship. In End-A-Rooney, Mosh is given a final acknowledgement, when Dump Truck says he prefers Maddie with Josh and is "Team Mosh forever".
For the real life paring, see Lucas and Shelby.
Josh and Maddie first met in Cowbell-A-Rooney when Maddie saw Josh being thrown against the school lockers, unaware he was shooting a scene from Voltage, and he instantly fell in love with her. After the cowbell competition, Josh admitted his feelings for Maddie to Liv. In Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, they had a rough start. Josh wanted to ask Maddie out, but he was unsure if he should, knowing she had just gotten out of one with Diggie, but he attempted to anyways, but instead was scared to do so and made up an excuse to need basketball lessons for a scene in Voltage, when he just really wanted to spend time with her. Likewise, Maddie wasn't excited at first, as she thought Liv was trying to meddle. Later on though, she was revealed to like him back. The two had a romantic, somewhat intense moment, where they locked eyes and almost kissed, but Maddie started laughing, unaware of Josh's move, leaving him confused and disappointed. Then in Vive-La-Rooney, Maddie said she was finally ready to move on, Josh told Maddie he really liked her, they admitted their true feelings for each other, Maddie asked Josh out, and they started dating.
In Home Run-A-Rooney, Maddie and Josh went on their first date to a basketball match, which included a do-over first date, since the date didn't go so great the first time. Then in Scoop-A-Rooney, Josh and Maddie's relationship was going strong, but Diggie returned wanting Maddie back despite her dating Josh, leaving her confused on who she wanted to be with.
In Choose-A-Rooney, Josh revealed he and Maddie had been dating for two months, but she had to choose between him or Diggie. Maddie chose Diggie, despite her really strng feelings for Josh, causing them to break up. Josh said he'd be okay, but really struggled to let Maddie go, showing how strong his feelings truly were for her and that he might have loved her, leaving Josh completely heartbroken, so much he even cried a little, and Maddie was left teary-eyed. In Friend-A-Rooney, Josh is really depressed after his break up with Maddie, causing him to lose his confidence and not remembering how to do things such as filming scenes from Voltage, even going as far as not remembering how to breathe, showing he still loves her.
In Ex-A-Rooney, Josh and Maddie start to hang out together again with Joey, rekindling their friendship, which causes him to feel akaward and question their friendship. In End-A-Rooney, Mosh is given a final acknowledgement, as Dump Truck says he prefers Maddie with Josh and is "Team Mosh forever".
- Mosh (Maddie/Josh) (Official name)
- Jaddie (J/osh and M/addie)
- Joddie (Jo/sh and Ma/ddie)
- Mash (Ma/ddie and Jo/sh)
- Maddie rushes over to help Josh and is shocked to see him on the ground.
- Josh recognises Maddie straight away from finding out about her from Liv.
- Josh smiles when Maddie leaves and is staring at her.
- He likes her.
- He thinks she's adorable.
- Josh instantly falls in love with Maddie and its love at first sight for him
- They shake hands when introducing themselves to each other
- Liv gets excited when she learns Josh likes Maddie.
- When Josh playfully says he'll just let the enemy throw him into the lockers again, Maddie nervously giggles.
- Josh looks at Maddie very flirtatiously.
- They are staring at each other when Maddie walks away from Josh.
- Josh just smiles and is blushing after Maddie walks away from him. For a while, he continues to stare at her with a dreamy look on his face.
- Maddie helps Josh up both times he falls and is the most shocked that he has fallen.
- When Maddie says she is the winner of cowbell week, Josh playfully roles his eyes and is smiling
- She apologises for talking him down.
- Maddie apologizes to Josh for ruining his scene and is very apologetic. He says its alright.
- Josh isn't mad at Maddie for ruining his scene.
- Josh stares at Maddie after admitting his feelings for her, looking love-struck.
- When Maddie leaves after speaking with Josh and Liv, Josh is staring at Maddie.
- When Josh says, "We're filming a scene from Voltage" to Maddie, he is smiling really lovingly at her, kinda dreamily. She then nods and tries to act casual around him.
- Maddie says, "Feel free to run onto the court during a game and ruin one of my shots" to Josh and he gives her a flirty look, whilst saying, "Well, I might just do that." Maddie then looks at Josh seriously, leaning closer, whilst saying "Do it and you'll be walking funny for a week".
- When Maddie says, "Do it and you'll be walking funny for a week" to Josh, he looks scared and says, "But you just told me-", before she cuts him off with "I know what I said". Josh then looks at Maddie very flirtatiously.
- They both wear red when meeting each other, which is the true Mosh color.
- They trash talk each other.
- Maddie calls Josh "New Guy" and he smirks at her. He then stares at her. She also calls him New Boy.
- They are both wearing blue and red, the Mosh colours, in that scene.
- Josh is "rattled" when Maddie says "Bam what?!"
- When Liv says, "I'm just happy you're making friends", Josh says, "Yeah", just staring at Maddie, including when he says, "So...Maddie. Is she dating anyone?" Josh says "Yeah" as if he isn't too interested in listening to Liv, he's just interested in staring at Maddie.
- Liv gasps when discovering Josh likes Maddie, and he looks down, blushing to himself.
- When Liv says, "You like Maddie!", Josh moves away from her and is staring at Maddie.
- When Josh says, "How could you not? She's adorable.", Liv says "Aww".
- Maddie smiles and looks at Josh when she says, "Well, that sounds like loser talk". Josh then blushes and smiles at Maddie.
- Josh is staring at Maddie as she is walking away from him and Liv.
- They have a mutual mantra.
- She acts nervous around him.
- She thinks he's a nice guy.
- Maddie likes Josh.
- Maddie decides to continue teaching Josh basketball (without telling him how she feels about him).
- Maddie is biting her lip and blushing around Josh
- Josh says that he is looking at Liv, he just pictures Maddie, showing how strong his feelings are for her.
- Josh excitedly, says he's gonna ask Maddie out.
- When Josh tells Maddie he has been playing baseball since he was 2, she says it's cool.
- Josh looks at Maddie flirtatiously when he tells her they have a mutual mantra, and she smiles at him.
- When Maddie asks Josh what happens next, he says they kiss, in an attempt to kiss her, only for Maddie to be unaware of Josh's move and starts laughing.
- They almost share their first kiss
- Josh looks confused when Maddie starts laughing and slightly disappointed, meaning he obviously does want to kiss her.
- When Liv says what Maddie does to Liv when she meddles in her love life and is violent, Josh has a dreamy look on his face, and says, "That sounds like Maddie".
- When Liv says she will find out if Maddie is ready to date again, Josh smiles and looks excited/hopeful, obviously thinking he can finally be with her.
- Liv, excitedly, tells Maddie she has a secret admirer (Josh) and wants to tell her, showing she wants Maddie and Josh to be together.
- Josh takes the chance of trying to ask Maddie out, despite Liv telling him that Maddie isn't ready to date anyone yet.
- Maddie says Josh looks like a jock.
- Liv can tell that Maddie has had fun spending time with Josh.
- Josh flirts with Maddie.
- They gaze into each other's eyes.
- Maddie figures out that Josh is her secret admirer.
- Maddie is upset when she learns Josh lied to her, but Liv assures her he only did it because he wanted to spend time with her.
- Liv tells Maddie that she thinks Maddie and Josh would be really good together.
- Josh says that whatever Maddie is gonna tell him, he'll like it.
- Maddie tells Josh he should come everyday to the house.
- Liv says, "Yaaay!", when Maddie says she and Josh will be hanging out together.
- They both look and seem confused when Liv says, "Yaaay!"
- Liv says that Josh's crush on Maddie is huge, implying that his feelings for her are more than a crush and are really strong.
- Josh is blushing when Liv brings up his crush on Maddie.
- Maddie is smiling and finding it funny when Josh misses the hoop, but then gets serious when she realises how close they are.
- Josh admits he is scared to ask Maddie out since she has just ended a long distance relationship.
- Gemma seems to think Josh's crush on Maddie is cute, as if to ship them.
- Josh calls Maddie Mad Dog Rooney and she looks at him confusingly. He seems embarrassed around her.
- When Josh says, "See? We have a mutual mantra. How cool is that?", to Maddie, he looks at her very flirtatiously. She smiles, blushes and looks away, whilst smiling and blushing.
- Josh says to Maddie that her lessons are paying off.
- Maddie calls Josh J-Man.
- They just stare at each other for several seconds and Josh looks at Maddie dreamily, looking really in love.
- Maddie throws the basketball to Josh and he catches it.
- When Maddie accidently throws the ball at Josh and he is hurt by it, she looks guilty and shocked.
- When Liv asks Maddie if she had a fun time with Josh, she dodges the question by saying its not reverent. Liv then says, "That is totally a yes".
- Maddie tells Liv not to tell Josh she likes him, even though she knows he likes her.
- To this point in time and because it has been 4 months since Josh's feelings for Maddie were revealed (Cowbell-A-Rooney), it is considered and revealed that Josh is in fact in love with Maddie, because psychologists say that a crush exceeding four months or longer would be considered "in love".
- Josh tells Liv and Gemma that whenever he sees and looks at Liv, he just sees Maddie.
- Because of this, its assumed Josh is picturing Maddie when he looks and smiles into Liv's eyes during filming of a scene from Voltage.
- When Josh says, as Garrison, "Besides, I also want you to go out with me", he just sees Maddie through Liv.
- Josh says he wants to go out with Maddie.
- Maddie laughs a bit and says hello to Josh when he starts acting nervous around her.
- After speaking with Liv about liking Josh, Maddie comes out of the house smiling to herself.
- She looks worried and shocked when he gets hit with the basketball.
- After Maddie says "I'm the best in the state!" to Josh and gets closer to him, she then slightly moves away nervously and giggles, whilst looking at him lovingly and nervously. Josh smiles when Maddie is like this and she looks down nervously.
- Maddie playfully hits Josh on the shoulder.
- Maddie takes the basketball from Josh for them to continue playing basketball.
- Josh says he really likes Maddie. He's wearing red, which is the true Mosh colour.
- They both ask Pete for dating advice. Josh finds out Maddie loves Treehouse Horse.
- Josh tells Maddie that he really likes her and she is smiling.
- Maddie calls Josh Dude.
- Maddie finds Josh in a vulnerable state cute.
- Josh makes a bet with Maddie that if he wins at Tree House Horse, she has to go out with him (which he thought would be unlikely).
- Josh probably throws the match because of his acrophobia,
- Josh climbs up the tree house because he wants to do something that Maddie loves.
- Josh probably throws the match because of his acrophobia,
- Maddie says she likes Josh. She is smiling and blushing to herself. She is also like this when she says he likes her.
- When Josh says, "If I win, you agree to go out with me, on a date", Maddie smiles very lovingly at him, looks down, and agrees on the bet.
- Josh has the courage to tell Maddie how he feels, despite knowing she has just ended a long-distance relationship (as said in the previous episode).
- She thinks she's ready to date again.
- Just before Maddie says, "I think I want you to go out with me", she is smiling at Josh lovingly
- Maddie asks Josh out on a date and he says yes.
- They both ask each other out.
- Josh is very excited when Maddie asks him out and jumps.
- Maddie is smiling when Josh jumps with excitement, like she finds it cute.
- Pete tells Maddie that when its the right guy, she's gonna know when she's ready to date again. Maddie then asks Josh out, as if he is really the right guy for her.
- Maddie seems to be thinking about Josh.
- They hang out alone and are together quite a lot..
- Josh puts his arm around Maddie and keeps it around her the whole scene.
- Maddie touches Josh's hand when he has his arm around her.
- Josh says he and Maddie are going on a date and is smiling.
- Maddie is smiling when Josh says they're going on a date and snuggles closer to him
- When Josh says. "Even though I'm scared of heights, which I thought I could overcome, but we are way up here", Maddie smiles like she finds it funny.
- Josh tries to get over his huge fear of heights just for Maddie, showing how strong his feelings really are for her and he would risk them for her.
- Maddie helps Josh down the ladder and is holding his arm.
- When Josh says "I was right" to Pete before saying the rest of the sentence, Maddie giggles a little due to Josh pulling her closer and smiles up at him.
- Maddie giggles when talking about Josh.
- Josh looks at Maddie in confusion when she (and everyone else) finally notices her dad's beard.
- Parker, Joey and Karen are smiling when Josh says he and Maddie are going on a date, showing they support them as a couple.
- When Josh says "I really like you, Maddie", to Maddie", she is smiling big and gives him a dreamy look.
- Josh goes to find Maddie during the break of shooting and is excited about their date.
- Liv is supportive about Maddie and Josh dating.
- Maddie seems to be talking with a girl about her date with Josh before he comes over to her.
- They say hey to each other. Josh says it very flirtatiously to Maddie.
- When Josh says, "Its the big night tonight", Maddie giggles and plays with her hair, whilst smiling at Josh very lovingly and says "Yeah. Its our uh...first date". They both giggle.
- Maddie turns to Josh, very happily twice in the episode.
- They talk about their date in school.
- Maddie asks Josh what they're doing, whilst smiling and biting her lip. She looks at him dreamily.
- Maddie says Josh is "kind of adorable" when he's frozen in fear, whilst giving him a sort of puppy dog look. Josh then says he is totally adorable when he's like that to Maddie and she laughs.
- They go on their first date to a baseball match.
- Josh makes Maddie laugh. He gazes lovingly at her
- When Josh approaches Maddie, she turns around with a huge smile.
- Maddie is upset when she realises Josh is upset about their date, before realising why, because she doesn't want to upset her boyfriend.
- Josh looks confused when Maddie "bam what" at school, but smiles.
- Maddie calls Josh My Good Sir.
- Maddie is nervous about her first date with Josh.
- They are alone a lot.
- Josh calls Maddie Mads, and says she really knows how to plan a date. She stares at him, biting her lip.
- Maddie blushes a lot around Josh.
- Maddie wants Josh to say her catchphrase and he does.
- Maddie never usually lets anyone else say her catchphrase, but lets Josh say it, which shows she is comfortable with him saying it.
- Maddie is happy and obviously excited when Josh says her catchphrase. She giggles, saying, "Yeah. I told you so".
- Josh chuckles at Maddie and smiles very lovingly at her.
- Maddie asks Josh if he wants a hotdog.
- Josh says Maddie's choice for their first date is perfect.
- Josh tells Maddie he's having a really great time. Maddie blushes at Josh's comment, smiles and says "Me too." Josh then looks down at Maddie's hand.
- When the announcer says, "Looking nervous" and "It's now or never" about a baseball player, it shows Josh looking at Maddie's hand, wanting to touch it.
- Josh slowly reaches for Maddie's hand, she looks down, smiling to herself and is smiling a lot.
- When Josh is holding Maddie's hand, he runs his fingers over her's
- Maddie is willing to give up winning (which she loves) just to be with Josh, showing how much she likes him and is willing to do anything for him.
- Maddie snuggles up to Josh, tucking her head into his neck and they are both smiling.
- When Maddie cuddles up to Josh, her eyes are closed as if she is about to fall asleep on him and she is smiling, looking very comfortable.
- Maddie is slightly disappointed, but smiles when Josh moves and stands up, showing she still wants to snuggle with him and finds it funny.
- They are both very happy around each other.
- When they stand up as the ball comes towards the stands, Maddie has her hand on Josh's chest.
- After Maddie catches the ball, she says its the best date ever with Josh.
- Maddie blind folds Josh as she has a surprise for him as a do-over first date.
- When Josh is talking to a crew member, he points towards Maddie, assuming Josh is saying he needs to talk to Maddie.
- Maddie playfully hits Josh on the chest.
- They have a do-over first date.
- Josh says, "Maddie, Brandon Crawford is standing right next to me", to her and she is smiling.
- When Josh is acting nervous round Brandon, Maddie is smiling like she is amused and think the way he is acting is cute.
- Josh moves much closer to Maddie after talking to Brandon.
- Maddie puts her hand on Josh's shoulder.
- When Josh says, "Easy Brandon Crawford, don't be so needy", Maddie tilts her head and is smiling very lovingly at him.
- Maddie is biting her lip when looking at Josh.
- They flirt a lot.
- Josh says he wanted to impress Maddie and he's gonna do so.
- Maddie feels bad that Josh is upset about what happened on their first date.
- Maddie says she really, really likes Josh, almost like her feelings for him are more than what they seem, and she doesn't want to make him feel bad.
- Maddie surprises Josh with the chance for him to meet Brandon Crawford and to catch a home run ball to make it up to him, and he is is very much touched about it.
- Josh gets really close to Maddie.
- Josh says, "Don't ever turn of your competitive fire. It's one of the things I like most about you", to Maddie. The crowd 'awe's, showing they think it's sweet. She is very touched, then starts acting kinda nervous and giggles around him. When Josh says this to Maddie, he looks at her very flirtatiously and she is blushing, whilst smiling.
- What Josh says to Maddie shows he likes her for who she is and thinks she shouldn't have to change herself for him.
- They both playfully shove each other.
- Maddie says, "You like me" to Josh in a flirtatious tone. He looks down, smiling and blushing to himself. They both smile lovingly at each other, whist laughing. Maddie giggles
- Josh wears red in the episode, which is one of the Mosh colours.
- Josh says what Maddie has done for him as a do-over date is really sweet and she smiles.
- Maddie asks Josh, "How cool is that?" about him liking her, which is what he said to her just before they almost kissed in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney. They both giggle.
- When Maddie says, "Prepare to be crushed", Josh gives her a comparative look.
- Maddie holds Josh's arm and shoulder.
- They compete against each other.
- Josh tells Maddie her "Bam What" catchphrase is better than his "Boom Howdy" catchphrase and she agrees with him.
- Josh and Maddie share their first hug - when Josh hugs Maddie - and she has a huge smile on her face. They sorta sway in the hug.
- Josh hugs Maddie.
- The arc episodes - Cowbell-A-Rooney, Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, and Vive-La-Rooney- are all mentioned in this episode.
- Maddie says her date with Josh was spectacular.
- When Maddie tells Josh that Brandon Crawford is playing, she touches his shoulder
- When Maddie asks Josh if he wants a hotdog, she touches his hand.
- Josh thanks Maddie for the home-run ball she caught when she gives it to him, though is unhappy for some reason.
- They spend all their time together and in all their scenes, they are together.
- Josh is smiling at Maddie when she excitedly sorta dances and she is biting her lip, whilst looking at him.
- Josh stares at Maddie looking extremely in love.
- Just before Brandon asks, "Can I get your autograph, now?", Josh looks like he wants or is about to kiss Maddie. Josh then says, "One second B-Craw!", probably because he thinks Brandon is interrupting his moment with Maddie.
- Josh is very excited about his date with Maddie and dances a bit whilst saying, "I have a daaate. Whoooo", with a smile.
- Maddie says she was gonna go for something romantic and private for their date, but then figured it was dumb and Josh agrees with her.
- They both think romantic and private is dumb for their date.
- Josh stares at Maddie as he is walking away from her after talking about their date and is looking at her very flirtatiously.
- Maddie giggles at Josh.
- They both wear red and blue, which are the Mosh colours, especially red.
- Maddie is smiling when Josh says, "Easy Brandon Crawford, don't be so needy", like she finds it funny and cute.
- They just stare at each other.
- Maddie and Josh are most likely on a late evening date since Liv says its just her and Holden home alone.
- They are still happily dating
- Maddie has supposedly picked Josh up for their date since Parker says she gave him and Evan a ride.
- They're both wearing glasses, showing they're matching.
- They're gazing into each other's eyes.
- They are seen on a date.
- Josh puts his arm around Maddie.
- Maddie snuggles into Josh and they are both smiling when he puts his arm around her.
- Nancy O'Dell calls Josh Maddie's boyfriend when she thinks Maddie is Liv.
- They are walking into the kitchen together, smiling.
- Josh wears blue on his date with Maddie, which is one of the Mosh colors.
- They are both happy when Josh puts his arm around Maddie.
- Maddie looks very comfortable when she snuggles into Josh and has a huge smile on her face.
- They cuddle.
- Josh keeps his arm around Maddie for the rest of the scene.
- They stand very close together. Maddie is resting her chin on Josh's shoulder, and they're both smiling.
- They act like a married couple.
- When Liv asks Maddie if she wants to be with Josh or Diggie, Maddie is looking and smiling at Josh lovingly.
- Josh turns to Maddie and smiles at her very lovingly.
- Parker calls Josh and Maddie Mosh and they both seem to like it. This is the first time the name Mosh is mentioned, the second being in Choose-A-Rooney.
- They both seem excited when Parker says they are so cute together. They're both smiling, and Maddie snuggles closer to Josh.
- Josh is standing super close behind Maddie.
- Josh tells Maddie he's had fun with her.
- They are walking into the house singing the theme song for Goofy Garry's.
- They practice acting together, with Maddie sarcastically accusing Josh of cheating on her.
- After saying, "And scene", Josh is resting his chin on Maddie's shoulder.
- Josh gives Maddie acting lessons.
- Josh says, "The mango really brings out your eyes" to Maddie, making her laugh.
- As Josh puts his arm around Maddie, she's smiling lovingly at him and looking at his lips and gazing into his eyes. Their faces are very close.
- They both look like they want or about to kiss.
- They almost kiss for the second time.
- Maddie agrees with Josh that she didn't get the signing gene and they both laugh.
- Maddie calls Josh Dude and he's smiling
- When they're in the kitchen, Maddie leans back into Josh where she has her back pressed against his chest and they're both smiling. She looks up at him smiling and they're gazing into each other's eyes.
- Josh comes home with Maddie, when he could easily go home, but he wants to come home with her.
- When Josh is walking towards the door, Maddie happily follows him out. He smiles very lovingly at her and Maddie is smiling to herself after Josh leaves.
- Their relationship is growing strong.
- They walk into Goofy Garry's Fun Zone together.
- They stand next to each other close in Goofy Garry's Fun Zone.
- Maddie says Josh is teaching her acting, whilst smiling and she turns to him, whilst smiling.
- Josh smiles at Maddie when she turns to him.
- When Maddie is just about to snuggle closer to Josh when he has his arm around her, they're both smiling very lovingly at each other and he continues to smile lovingly at her when she snuggles closer to him.
- When Evan says "Son of a sea captain!", Maddie and Josh look at each other, laughing. Then when Evan says "Look at this gaming wonderland", Josh has his arm around Maddie's back.
- They go on a picnic date
- Maddie has a huge smile on her face and looks really excited when Josh tells her he has a picnic for her. She says she can't wait.
- Josh arrives at school with a picnic for him and Maddie and she smiles at him.
- They link arms as they walk away.
- Josh says he is committed to his relationship with Maddie.
- Maddie tells Liv she is now with Josh and he makes her really happy.
- They tightly hug and are both smiling.
- Maddie has a picture of her and Josh together in her locker, implying that their relationship is getting really serious.
- Maddie is smiling when Josh comes over to sit down for the wedding.
- Josh sits next to Maddie during the wedding.
- Josh smiles lovingly at Maddie.
- Maddie closes her eyes when she hugs Josh, showing she feels comfortable and doesn't want to let go of him.
- Maddie is smiling lovingly at Josh when they are talking.
- Josh has a big smile on his face when Maddie leans into hug him.
- Josh closes his eyes when he and Maddie are hugging.
- Josh calls Maddie and him Mosh. This is the second time the name Mosh is mentioned, the first being in Scoop-A-Rooney.
- Josh reveals he and Maddie have been dating for two months and says its been great. He also says their relationship is rock solid.
- Maddie wants to find Josh to stay away from Diggie
- When Maddie walks in at the wedding and sees Josh, she plays with her hair
- Maddie fixes Josh's bow tie.
- Josh looks really heartbroken and he sees Maddie looking at Diggie. He looks down, crying a bit, nodding knowing that because he loves her, he has to let her go.
- They break up, leaving Maddie teary-eyed and Josh devastated/broken-hearted.
- Josh holds Maddie's hand
- Maddie's eyes fill with tears and her lip quivers
- Maddie apologies to Josh for hurting him when they are breaking up and he sad smiles, saying its okay. She looks like she is about to cry, whilst his voice breaks and he almost cries again.
- Josh is completely heartbroken after Maddie chooses Diggie over him and struggles to let her go. He tries to hold onto her hand for as long as possible, showing that since he loves her, he loves her enough to let her go and showing how strong Josh's feelings are for Madddie, again showing he is in love with her.
- When Josh says "I'll be alright", (even though he isn't) he plays with her fingers just like he did in Home Run-A-Rooney, during their first date.
- Josh letting Maddie go is the biggest way proving he loves her as letting someone you love go and be happy with someone else even when its not with you, shows compassion of love and you want them to be happy, despite them not being with you. He basically sets her free.
- When Josh walks away from Maddie, they both look at each other, devastated/sad, and she still has her arms out, like she wants to hold him.
- After Josh walks away from Maddie, she looks really sad and closes her eyes, like she wants to cry.
- Josh calls himself Maddie's boyfriend
- Josh calls Maddie beautiful. She smiles, giggles, blushes and thanks him
- Josh is stunned by Maddie's appearance
- Maddie calls Josh handsome.
- Josh offers his hand to Maddie and she hugs him.
- Maddie links arms with Josh again.
- Josh asks Maddie if he can show her to her seat and she says "Only if its next to yours", whilst smiling.
- Maddie holds Josh's hand during the wedding.
- Josh is smiling and blushing when Maddie gets hold of his hand.
- They hug twice.
- When Karen says, "Pass all that love in that hug", Mosh hug and they smile lovingly at each other when pulling away. Josh looks like he wants to kiss Maddie.
- Maddie is really unhappy when Diggie turns up at the wedding, because she wants her and Josh to be together and not have to deal with Diggie.
- Josh is willing to give up something huge for Maddie - his love for her - just for her to be happy, showing how much he truly loves her.
- Josh offers his hand for Maddie to dance and she takes it.
- When Josh says, "This turkey dance doesn't have enough gravy", Maddie laughs and says, "Lets go shake our tail feathers".
- Maddie tells Diggie she is dating Josh and she really likes him a lot. Maddie is also blushing when she mentions Josh being her boyfriend.
- Josh's voice breaks and gets chocked up when he and Maddie are talking as they break up, like he is about to cry
- They both almost cry over each other.
- Maddie looks like she is regretting her decision of choosing Diggie over Josh. Maddie shuts her eyes, like she is trying not to cry when Josh walks away from her.
- Josh suffers from a huge heartbreak over losing Maddie.
- Just before Maddie says, "I'm really sorry" to Josh, she sounds chocked up and sniffles, almost crying.
- Josh actually cries over Maddie when he sees her looking at Diggie, proving he truly loves her.
- Josh gets drinks for him and Maddie.
- Maddie thinks the universe wants her to be with Josh.
- When Josh says "Well then, you owe it to yourself...to figure it all out" to Maddie, his voice breaks and he gets teary-eyed, especially his left eye, which looks red from him crying.
- Josh is really depressed after the break up between him and Maddie. He can't focus, implying he has her on his mind during rehearsals.
- Josh says that he has lost his confidence ever since he and Maddie broke up, as if he's saying he needs her to make himself better and showing he's still in love with her.
- Josh clearly isn't over Maddie and can't get over her.
- Josh can't focus as he obviously has Maddie on his mind so much that he goes as far as not being able to breathe, almost dying, and not remembering how to do stuff. Liv says he has it really bad.
- When talking about Maddie, Josh looks devastated. He even hangs his head down, almost as if he is wanting to cry at the memory of losing her.
- When Gemma asks Josh why he isn't acting well, he looks down, sadly and heartbroken, obviously thinking about Maddie and assembly doesn't want to mention their break up to Gemma, because he's suffering so much.
- Josh looks at Liv really sadly at the end of the episode, when speaking to her, possibly implying he sees Maddie when talking to Liv (which he said in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney).
- Ironically, Joey has been trying to make sure Josh and Maddie don't meet, due to Josh going through a lot of pain and being really depressed from his break up with Maddie.
- Josh and Maddie start hanging out together again, rekindling their friendship
- When Maddie walks through the door, Josh looks really happy and looks at her flirtatiously.
- Maddie is shocked to see Josh, whilst saying "Josh?" in a shocked tone. She has her mouth open and her eyes look almost teary-eyed, especially her right eye.
- Josh says "Maddie!" to Maddie, excitedly when he sees her.
- Joey mentions Josh and Maddie's ship name, Mosh, and Josh smiles at Maddie, quite lovingly. This is the third time their ship name is mentioned, the other times were in Scoop-A-Rooney and Choose-A-Rooney.
- Maddie comments on how ridiculous Josh's costume is.
- Maddie looks up and down at Josh's costume (only at his) and he looks at her lovingly/dreamily.
- From the way Josh looks at Maddie, it looks like he still loves her.
- They appear to be quite close together in this scene
- When Josh leaves to change clothes, Maddie is staring at him.
- Maddie seems upset when Joey says "Stop trying to out bro me!", showing she wants to spend time with Josh.
- When Joey says, "Stop stealing my friend!" to Maddie, she looks really sad and says "Joey, there's no reason why we both cant be friends with Josh"
- When Liv pretends to be Maddie, Josh looks at her confsingly as if he is starting to know its Liv, not Maddie.
- Josh asks "Maddie?" when she comes over and seems confused because he just saw "Maddie"
- Josh and Maddie both wear blue in this episode, which is one of the Mosh colours.
- Liv wears red when pretending to be Maddie, the main Mosh colour.
- Josh laughs at Maddie and finds it funny when she is acting like a worous.
- Josh texts Maddie to hang out
- Maddie calls Josh Dude a couple of times
- Joey says that Josh has been taking the break up with Maddie very hard, possibly implying he still isn't over her
- They high five when Josh says Maddie burned him and Joey and she smiles, slightly blushing
- Liv thinks Maddie and Josh running into each other is arkward
- They sit near each other at the end of the episode
- Josh laughs at Maddie's joke about him and Joey
- They both sound sad when mentioning their break up
- Josh says he is glad Maddie is hanging out with him and Joey and she says "Yeah Dude, me too.", then smiles at him lovingly.
- Maddie asks Josh how he's been because it's been a while since they've seen each other
- Maddie waves at Josh when he isnt sure which is the real her
- Josh says that Maddie acting silly is the coolest thing ever
- When Liv is disgised as Maddie and Joey says, "You ploy on this young boy's emotions again?!", Josh looks really crashed and hurt/heartbroken again, possibly also that he might be thinking about the time he and Maddie broke up from what Joey has said and is really hurt from the memory.
- Maddie smiles and blushes when Josh says "Sometimes out needs of the one, outweigh the needs of the Maddie".
- Josh looks at Maddie lovingly when he is about to tell her he can't go to the game
- Maddie invites Josh (and Joey) to a game and he agrees, wanting to reschedule filming a scene
- Maddie sounds upset and disappointed when Josh tells her he can't go to the game. She laughs nervously when they are laughing about it.
- Josh apologises to Maddie for not going to the game with her.
- Maddie puts her hand on Josh's back, similar to how she held him when they met Brandon Crawford in Home Run-A-Rooney.
- Josh asks Maddie to hang out (along with Joey)
- Maddie stares at Josh and smiles as he walks away.
- When Josh says "Whoo!", Maddie says it too.
- They high five a couple of times.
- Maddie stands close to Josh
- Maddie gives Liv a mad look when Josh tells Maddie that Liv has told him she doesn't want to hang out with him anymore, as Maddie.
- Josh tries to clear up why Liv is disguised as Maddie for her, whilst confused on which is the real her.
- Joey thinks Josh would rather hang out with Maddie instead of him.
- Maddie looks at Josh when Joey says "It kinda felt like you would rather hang out with her", about Maddie and Josh hanging out together.
- Maddie says she gets that Josh and Joey are gonna shoot their movie.
- Josh smiles when Maddie says, "Go shoot the best worst action movie anyone has ever seen".
- When Joey and Josh walk away, Maddie is staring at Josh and smiles to herself, but also looks disappointed, showing she wants to spend time with him.
- Maddie looks at Josh when he says "Whoo!" in the final scene.
- Dump Truck says he prefers Maddie with Josh and is "Team Mosh forever".
- Maddie appears to be blushing when Dump Truck says he is Team Mosh and is wearing red, the official Mosh colour.
Similarities and Differences
- They are both athletes.
- They both think of each other as adorable.
- They're both competitive.
- They both have blonde hair and green eyes.
- They're both the same age.
- They both think romantic and cringey is dumb for a first date.
- They're both very sensitive at the heart.
- They both have nicknames for each other.
- They both have catchphrases. - Maddie says, "Bam! What?!" and Josh says, "Whooo!"
- They both tried and wanted to sacrifice something to be together. - Josh tried to get over his extreme fear of heights for Maddie and she wanted to get rid of her competitive side for him.
- They've both admitted their feelings for each other and said they really, really like each other.
- They've both suffered from heartbreaks.
- They both asked each other out in Vive-La-Rooney.
- They are both not great at hiding their nervousness.
- They both act nervous around each other.
- They both have the same friends.
- They both know Liv, but for different reasons.
- They both live in LA.
- They both lived in Wisconsin.
- They both don't seem to get sarcasm, as seen in Ex-A-Rooney.
- Maddie wears glasses but Josh doesn't.
- Maddie is female, but Josh is male.
- Maddie has golden blonde and Josh hair dirty blonde hair.
- Maddie plays basketball and Josh plays baseball.
- Maddie isn't afraid of heights, but Josh is.
- Josh is an actor, but Maddie isn't.
- Josh doesn't have a twin, but Maddie does.
- Josh was the first to like Maddie, but it took her a little longer to like him back.
- Maddie has graduated high school, but Josh hasn't.
- Josh has cried over Maddie, and she has almost cried over him.
- Josh has suffered from a much bigger heartbreak than Maddie, when it was over her.
- Maddie is living in Malibu California, but Josh is living in Hollywood, California.
- Maddie's from Wisconsin, but Josh is from LA.
- Its known that Maddie went to high school, but its unknown if Josh has or not, before he started acting.
- Maddie is in college, Josh isn't.
- Red - Josh often wears red when he is around Maddie, and red is the colour of love. They both wear red when they first meet, Maddie wears it when going up against Josh in the cowbell competition in Cowbell-A-Rooney and he wears it on their do-over first date in Home Run-A-Rooney, including the scene where they share their first hug. Josh wears red in Vive-La-Rooney, when he tells Pete he likes Maddie. Maddie wears a bit of red in Ex-A-Rooney, when she and Josh start hanging out together again. Maddie also wears red in a scene in End-A-Rooney, when Dump Truck says he prefers her with Josh, acknowledging Mosh for a final time.
- Blue - They both wear blue quite often and Josh first wears it in Cowbell-A-Rooney when he admits he likes Maddie. Maddie then wears blue again in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, when she almost gets kissed by Josh as well. Maddie then wears blue on her do-over date with Josh in Home Run-A-Rooney. Josh wears a bit of blue in Ex-A-Rooney, when he and Maddie start hanging out together again.
- October 18th - This was when Cowbell-A-Rooney aired and they first met. Josh was also revealed to have feelings for Maddie
- February 21st - This was when Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney aired. Josh wanted and tried to ask Maddie out. They almost kissed and Maddie revealed she liked Josh back.
- March 13th - This was when Vive-La-Rooney aired. Josh told Maddie he really liked her, she asked him out and they became a couple
- April 10th - This was when Home Run-A-Rooney aired. Maddie and Josh went on their first date to a baseball game and they shared their first hug in this episode.
- April 24th - This was when Scoop-A-Rooney aired. They were still happily dating and went on their second date.
- May 8th - This was when Choose-A-Rooney aired. Josh revealed he and Maddie had been dating for two months and said it had been great. Josh called Maddie beautiful, but they broke up, leaving Josh completely heartbroken and Maddie teary-eyed. However, they both hinted that they could get back together later, which is very likely.
- May 22nd - This was when Friend-A-Rooney aired. Although there was no actual interaction between Josh and Maddie in this episode, he was really struggling with their break up, forgetting how to do stuff, even forgetting how to breathe, showing he still loved her.
- January 27th - This was when Ex-A-Rooney aired. Maddie and Josh started hanging out again and rekindled their friendship. Joey started to feel awkward about and question the friendship.
- March 24 - This was when End-A-Rooney aired. Although Josh didn't physically appear in the episode, Mosh was given a final acknowledgement as Dup Truck said he preferred Maddie and Josh together, and was "Team Mosh, forever".
- 2 - They've almost kissed twice, in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and Scoop-A-Rooney and it was revealed in Choose-A-Rooney that they had been dating for two months.
- 3 - Their ship name has been used 3 times. - In Scoop-A-Rooney, Choose-A-Rooney and Ex-A-Rooney and they've hugged 3 times.
- 7 - There are 7 arc episodes based around their relationship.
- 10 - Josh has 4 letters in his name and Maddie has 6. 4+6=10
- Basketball - Maddie agreed to give Josh basketball lessons and this brought them much closer
- Baseball - Maddie and Josh's first date was to a charity baseball game. Where Maddie and Josh met Brandon Crawford during their do-over date in Home Run-A-Rooney
- Ridgewood High - They first met at the school in Cowbell-A-Rooney and a lot of moments happen between Maddie and Josh here, like when they talk about their first date in Home Run-A-Rooney.
- Tree House - Josh finds out that Maddie loves Tree House Horse. Josh challenges Maddie into a game, loses and later she asks him out.
- Baseball Game - Maddie and Josh go on their first date at a baseball game in Homerun-A-Rooney and they share their first hug there.
- Goofy Gary's Fun Zone - Josh and Maddie go on their second date at Goofy Garry's in Scoop-A-Rooney
- Wedding - They share their second and third hug there and Josh calls Maddie beautiful.
- Quesadilla Joe's, California - They both now live in California and start to hang out at Quesadillai Joe's in Ex-A-Rooney.
- Cowbell-A-Rooney - They first meet and Josh is revealed to have feelings for Maddie in this episode, but ends up falling instantly in love with her instead.
- Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney - The two become much closer when Maddie gives Josh the basketball lessons he wants and tries to ask her out and they almost kiss. Maddie also reveals that she likes Josh too.
- Vive-La-Rooney - Maddie and Josh spend a lot of time together, and she decides she is finally ready to move on. Maddie asks Josh out, which he says yes too, and they become an official couple.
- Home Run-A-Rooney - Maddie and Josh go on their first date to a charity baseball game and they share their first hug in this episode.
- Scoop-A-Rooney - They're still happily dating and Parker calls them Mosh. However, after a reporter mistakes Maddie for Liv, whilst she is on a date with Josh, Diggie sees this and wants her back, leaving Maddie hopelessly confused on who she really wants to be with - Josh or Diggie - leaving the episode on a cliff-hanger until the next episode.
- Choose-A-Rooney - Josh reveals he and Maddie have been dating for two months and says its been great, saying their relationship is rock solid. Josh calls Maddie beautiful, but they break up, leaving Josh completely heartbroken so much that he cries a bit, and Maddie teary-eyed. Josh even really struggles to let Maddie go, but does, showing how strong Josh's feelings truly are for Maddie, proving he loves her enough to let her go. However, they both hint that they could get back together later, which is very likely.
- Friend-A-Rooney - Although there is no actual interaction between Mosh in this episode, Josh is really struggling with the break up between him and Maddie, causing him to lose his confidence, going as far as not being able to breathe, showing he is still in love with her.
- Ex-A-Rooney - Josh and Maddie start to hang out again, rekindling their friendship, which Joey feels awkward about and starts to question.
- End-A-Rooney - Although Josh does not physically appear in the episode, Mosh is given a final acknowledgement, as Dump Truck says he prefers Maddie with Josh and is "Team Mosh, forever".
- A Thousand Years/A Thousand Years Part 2- Josh was the first to realise his feelings for Maddie and waited for her, as if he waited a thousand years for her, haven fallen in love with her. Maddie has said Josh makes her really happy. When they first met, Maddie acted nervous around Josh and held her breath
- Let Her Go - Josh really struggled to let Maddie go when they were breaking up, showing how strong his feelings were for her, and he was left totally heartbroken, but he loved her enough to let her go and be happy with Diggie, because he loved her.
- My Love - Josh fell in love with Maddie and was willing to sacrifice his relationship with her for her to be happy, like he took a fall for her. Josh waited for Maddie and made her much happier. They held hands and shared a dance in Choose-A-Rooney.
- Can't Help Falling In Love - Josh fell in love with Maddie and waited for her. They've held hands and he really cares for her.
- Unchained Melody - Josh waited for Maddie, really wanting to be with her, and really cares for her.
- Repeating Days - Josh suffered from a huge heartbreak over losing Maddie and isn't over her as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney.
- She's Like the Wind - Josh instantly fell for Maddie, but was afraid to ask her out since she had recently ended a long distance relationship and was worried in Vive-La-Rooney whether or not she liked him back.
- Wrecking Ball - Josh was the first to like Maddie and after they spent time together, she realised she loved him back. Josh suffered from a serious heartbreak over Maddie in Choose-A-Rooney, so much that he forgot how to breathe in Friend-A-Rooney and Maddie had to choose between Josh and Diggie, like a battle, but she broke his heart when he lost her. Maddie then looked really guilty for hurting Josh, as if she was thinking she should have let him win.
- Love Me Like You Do - Josh loves Maddie and he was the one who cured her, by making her much happier after what happened between her and Diggie, but Josh then ended up devastated and completely heartbroken over losing Maddie as if she was the pain.
- When I Look At You - Josh likes Maddie for who she is and he calls her beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney.
- I Really Like You - Maddie and Josh both really like each other. Josh says he really likes Maddie more than once in Vive-La-Rooney, but is unsure how she feels about him, wanting to be with her, and Maddie says she really, really, really likes Josh in Home Run-A-Rooney.
- On My Mind - Josh has Maddie on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney, because he is struggling with their break up, causing him to lose his confidence.
- Crazy For You - Josh has fallen extremely hard for Maddie and isn't over her, implying he is crazy about her.
- I Found - Josh proves in Friend-A-Rooney that he misses Maddie and she hasn't expected to like him back
- (I Can't) Forget About You - Josh still has feelings for Maddie as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney and has her on his mind, showing he can't forget about her. Josh even mentions in Friend-A-Rooney that he forgets how to do stuff because he is struggling so much with his break up with Maddie and can't forget her.
- Always on My Mind - Josh has Maddie on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney
- What Makes You Beautiful - Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney and loves her for who she is. He really wanted to be with her. The day they met, Maddie acted nervous around Josh and briefly looked away, being nervous.
- (I've Had) The Time Of My Life - Maddie has said she really likes Josh more than once and they have lots of fun around each other.
- Hungry Eyes - Josh instantly fell for Maddie in Cowbell-A-Rooney and his feelings for her appear to be stronger than they seem.
- Brokenhearted - Josh ended up completely broken-hearted over Maddie in Choose-A-Rooney, so much he even cried over her.
- Me and You - Maddie sees Josh differently to Diggie, has said she really likes Josh more than once and that he makes her really happy.
- True Love - Josh instantly fell for Maddie when they first met in Cowbell-A-Rooney like he found her, but then lost her to Diggie, leaving him completely heartbroken. Then in Friend-A-Rooney, Josh was really hurting from his break up with Maddie and the fact he let her go, even going as far as forgetting how to breathe, as if she is his true love.
- I Want U Bad - Josh loves Maddie, but can't have her because she is with Diggie and has her on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Fallin' For You - Josh fell for Maddie for the way she is.
- Beautiful Soul - Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney. He fell very hard for her and wanted to be with her. Josh was very faithful towards Maddie and didn't hurt her like Diggie did. Josh was confused and unsure if Maddie liked him back, which she did and basically chased after her.
- Had Me At Hello - Josh was the first to like Maddie. He likes her for who she is.
- Just A Dream - Josh was thinking about Maddie in Friend-A-Rooney, struggling with their break up, and they dated. However, they only dated for 2 months, as if their relationship was just a dream.
- Invisible - Josh states in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney that whenever he looks at Liv, he just sees Maddie.
- Love Sick Josh instantly fell for Maddie from the moment he met her and has her on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Can I Have This Dance? - Maddie and Josh shared a dance in Choose-A-Rooney and she sees him differently to Diggie
- Gotta Go My Own Way - Maddie got back together with Diggie in Choose-A-Rooney, completely breaking Josh's heart as if she had to go her own way, and Josh said he would be okay even though he wasn't as said in Friend-A-Rooney.
- I Think About You - Josh was thinking about Maddie in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Oops! I Did It Again - Maddie had to choose between Josh and Diggie in Choose-A-Rooney and Josh instantly fell for Maddie in Cowbell-A-Rooney, but Maddie chose Diggie, completely breaking Josh's heart so much that he cried over her, as if she played with his heart, especially because he thought he had a chance with her in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, which he did, but then ended up completely heartbroken.
- Losing You - Josh lost Maddie to Diggie in Choose-A-Rooney
- Fall - Josh didn't know if Maddie liked him back in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney.
- Can't Have You - Josh can't have Maddie, because she is with Diggie
- 365 Days - Josh pretended to need training with basketball in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney just so he could spend time with Maddie and to be closer to her. He really wanted to be with her. Josh's heart almost stopped in Friend-A-Rooney, due to him struggling with his break up with Maddie and having to suffer through a huge heartbreak from her
- Jealous - Josh seemed jealous that Diggie had returned to town, because Josh was with Maddie and Diggie wanted her back due to pure jealousy. Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney and lost her to Diggie.
- Steal My Girl - Josh was with Maddie, but Diggie stole her from him due to pure jealousy, completely breaking Josh's heart.
- You're Beautiful - Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney, but ended up heartbroken from losing her to Diggie.
- Boyfriend - Josh wanted to be Maddie's boyfriend, but couldn't be because she had just ended a long-distance relationship with Diggie, but they then got together.
- Problem - Josh wanted Maddie and had problems when he couldn't concentrate in Friend-A-Rooney, due to suffering from a huge broken heart from her.
- Just the Way You Are - Maddie and Josh both like each other for who they are.
- Keep You - Josh loves Maddie and he wanted to be with her.
- Close to You - Josh really wanted to be with Maddie and was thinking about her in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Heal This Heartbreak- Maddie has had her heart broken more than once from Diggie, but then she started dating Josh, who healed her heartbreak.
- The Way You Make Me Feel - Josh loves Maddie for who she is and called her beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney. Maddie sees Josh differently to Diggie.
- My Heart Will Go On - Josh instantly fell for Maddie in Cowbell-A-Rooney and has her on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney, as if she is still and safe in his heart as he still loves her.
- Feel Good - Josh still loves Maddie as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney, showing his heart is lonely without her. Josh states in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney that whenever he looks at Liv, he just sees Maddie and still wants to be with her. Maddie left Josh when they broke up, completely breaking his heart.
- Baby - Josh is in love with Maddie, but she broke his heart when they broke up. Josh wanted to get over his extreme fear of heights just to be with Maddie in Vive-La-Rooney, they aren't together, but he still loves her as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney and he lost her to Diggie. Josh also needs to be fixed as he almost dies in Friend-A-Rooney, due to struggling with his break up with Maddie. Josh is still heartbroken from losing Maddie and has loved her since the day they met.
- Do You Love Me? - Maddie broke Josh's heart in Choose-A-Rooney and they then didn't interact at all in Friend-A-Rooney, because it was too hard for him to be around her and he didn't know if she liked him back in Vive-La-Rooney.
- Goodbye My Lover - Josh is still in love with Maddie as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney, after their break up in Choose-A-Rooney. Maddie knows Josh's fear of heights, because he told her in Vive-La-Rooney and sort of reveals in Friend-A-Rooney that he cant live without her because he almost dies by not breathing, and Josh knows Maddie has been the one for him.
- Tears on my Pillow - Josh and Maddie broke up in Choose-A-Rooney and has her on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney, because he's still in love with her. She has caused him pain due to breaking his heart and still wants to be with her.
- On Purpose - Maddie seems to be Josh's focus in Friend-A-Rooney since she's on his mind, he was too scared to ask her out in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, and Maddie appears to often act nervous around Josh.
- One Thing - Josh has tried playing it cool around Maddie like in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and he loves her. Maddie caused Josh to almost not breathe in Friend-A-Rooney, due to him really struggling with their break up, causing him to almost die, showing he needed her. Josh also told Maddie a reason why he loves her - because of her competitive side - but he cant get her out of his mind as shown in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Anything For You - Josh is willing to do anything to impress and be with Maddie, which includes tricking her into giving him basketball lessons to spend time with her in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney, and try to get over his extreme fear - heights - just to be with her, in Vive-La-Rooney.
- Everybody In Love - Josh is in love with Maddie and he states in Friend-A-Rooney that because Josh is struggling with his break up with Maddie so much, he can't do things right and waited days, even months to be with her.
- Sorry - Maddie let Josh down and broke his heart, but she did say sorry.
- I Want It That Way - Josh and Maddie are polar opposites and he wanted to impress her.
- Falling for Ya - Josh was the first to like Maddie and she didn't expect to like him back.
- LA Baby - Josh is originally from Hollywood, LA, they both live there in season 4 and hang out a lot there. Josh was the first to like Maddie and still has feelings for her as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney.
- Somebody To You - Josh has Maddie on his mind in Friend-A-Rooney and treated her special when they were dating.
- Don't Run Away - Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney and still loves her as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney. Josh's feelings for Maddie appear to be more than a crush, did various things and worked hard to be with her. They were friends before they started dating and spent a lot of time together.
- Into You - Josh still loves Maddie, which is revealed in Friend-A-Rooney and barely/almost completely stops breathing because he forgets how to do this since he is depressed over his split with her. They played basketball together and he almost made a move on her (kiss) in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney. It took time (5-6 months) until they became a couple and Maddie shows in Choose-A-Rooney that she thinks she has made a mistake of breaking up with Josh.
- Treat You Better - Josh treated Maddie really well and showed a lot of love for her when they were dating, when Diggie didn't seem to.
- One Time - Josh loves Maddie and they were both really happy when they were together and Maddie seemed a lot more happy with Josh than she has ever been with Diggie.
- Love Me Like That - Josh loves Maddie for the way she is.
- When We Were 18 - Josh and Maddie met in her senior year, when they were both 18, in Cowbell-A-Rooney, and he has been in love with her since then.
- Make You Stay - Josh went through a lot of trouble to make Maddie happy and tried to get over his massive fear of heights to impress her and be with her.
- Beat Again - Josh almost stopped breathing in Friend-A-Rooney due to being very depressed over his break up with Maddie and almost died. Maddie almost cried when she broke up with Josh and he still wants to be with her even though they have broken up.
- Tidal Wave - Josh waited a while, even months before telling Maddie how he felt about her. Josh has been in love with Maddie since the day they met in Cowbell-A-Rooney and called her beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney.
- Take A Chance On Me - Josh had the courage to tell Maddie he liked her in Vive-La-Rooney, even though she wasn't sure if she was ready to date at the time or not. Josh never hurt Maddie and cared a lot about her. Maddie said Josh made her really happy.
- Pretending - Josh was scared to tell Maddie he liked her and she didn't know until months later he liked her. Josh didn't know if Maddie liked him in Vive-La-Rooney. They didn't get a happy ending.
- You're Mine - Josh told Maddie he was scared of heights and they both cried and almost cried over each other when they broke up in Choose-A-Rooney. Maddie said that Josh made her really happy.
- Because You Loved Me - Maddie said Josh made her really happy and Josh showed a lot of love for Maddie when they were dating. Josh made Maddie much happier and they both really cared a lot about each other.
Something worth doing is worth doing right.
-Shared mantra between the two
(Maddie sees Josh being thrown against locker.)
Maddie: (gasps, rushes over and helps Josh up) Whoa, buddy. Hey are you okay?
Josh: (turns to camera crew) I guess that's a cut? (Maddie is confused and Josh turns back to her) We're filming a scene from Voltage.
Josh: You must be Liv's twin, I'm Josh.
Maddie: Maddie. I am so sorry that I ruined one of your scenes.
Josh: It's alright. I'll just have that evil government agent throw me into the lockers, again.
Maddie: (embarrassed) Well, you know what? Feel free to run onto the court during a game, and ruin one of my shots.
Josh: (gives Maddie a flirty look) Well, I might just do that.
Maddie: Do it and you'll be walking funny for a week.
Josh: (looks hurt) You just told me-
Maddie: I know what I said. (Walks away)
Josh: (smiling) It's not gonna be tough telling you and Liv apart.
Maddie: You just got milked!
Josh: (grabs cowbell) Well, I brought you something to dunk in that milk!
Maddie: Bam what?!
Josh: I don't know what that means, but it has me raddled!
(Josh falls against the lockers again, and Maddie rushes over to help him up.)
Maddie: (holing Josh's hand) Josh, hey are you okay?
Josh: (stands up) Yeah. I've gotten pretty good at crashing into these lockers.
Josh: So.... Maddie. Is she dating anyone?
Liv: No. Why? (Gasps) You like Maddie!
Josh: How could you not? She's adorable.
Josh: When I see Liv, I just imagine the girl I wanna go out with. Which is easy because she has the same face as the girl I wanna go out with.
Liv: Yeah, he has a huge crush on my sister.
Josh: Liv, I'm here to ask Maddie out. Whooo!
Liv: Oh no, no, no. Didn't you get my text? She said she's not ready to start dating yet.
Josh: I know, but I decided I'm gonna do it anyway.
Liv: (to Maddie about her and Josh) I know you are not ready to start dating yet, but if you were, I actually think you guys would be really good together.
Maddie: Josh, I have something to say to you and you're not gonna like it.
Liv: You didn't shut it down, you cranked it up, you like Josh!
Maddie: Stop, don't say anything, not a word, shut your mouth, remain silent.
(Maddie walks back outside and she and Josh just stare at each other for several seconds)
Maddie: Well, what are you doing just standing around J-Man? Lets play some b-ball (throws basketball at Josh and he catches it)
Josh: Ha, caught it. See? Your lessons are paying off.
Maddie: That hurt your hand didn't it?
Josh: So much.
Josh: (about Maddie) So I really like this girl. And she might like me back, but I'm not sure.
Maddie: (about Josh, blushing) So there's this guy. And he likes me. And I think maybe I like him.
Josh: (clinging onto a tree, scared) Hey Maddie.
Maddie: (chuckling) What-what-why are you up here?
Josh: To play some treehouse horse, cause that's what you love. (looks down to the ground) Even though I'm scared of heights, which I thought I could overcome, but we are way up here.
Maddie: (chuckling)Dude. Seriously? I mean, if you're afraid of heights lets just like get down
Josh (lets go of tree) No, no wait, no wait. This is something that you like to do, so...here I am.
Maddie: Josh, why are you doing this?
Josh: Because, I really like you, Maddie. And I wanna go out with you.
Maddie: (blushing) Josh, I don't know if I'm ready to go out with anybody yet.
Josh: Okay. Well, that also means you don't know if you're not ready.
Maddie: (giggles) Guess that's technically true.
Josh: How about we play a game of Treehouse Horse? If I win, you agree to go out with me, on a date.
Maddie: (looks down, chuckles) Okay, deal.
Maddie: (about Josh) Wow. When did being venerable get so cute?
Maddie: Josh, will you go out with me?
Josh: (puts his arm around Maddie) Maddie and I are going on a date.
Josh: (to Liv) Since we have a break, I'm gonna find Maddie.
Liv: Oooooh, wanna talk your first date? Ooooh.
Josh: (blushing) Stop. Actually don't stop, I might do it myself. (dancing) I have a daaate, ooooh!
Liv: It is so not fun teasing you.
(Liv walks away and Josh walks over to Maddie)
Josh: Hey Maddie.
Maddie: (turns around) Hey.
Josh: It's the big night tonight.
Maddie: (smiles, bites lip) Yeah, it's uh, our first date. What are we doin'?
Josh: Oh, no no. Remember you beat me at treehouse horse.
Maddie: Ah, yes. How could I forget? You are kinda adorable when you're frozen in fear.
Josh: (leans closer to Maddie, smiles) Take that back. I am totally adorable when I'm frozen in fear.
Josh: A baseball game? This is perfect.
Maddie: Yeah, I was gonna go for something romantic and private, but then I figured that was dumb, right?
Josh: Oh, so dumb.
Josh: Maddie, seriously, I'm having such a great time.
Maddie: (blushes, smiles, bites lip) Yeah, me too.
(Josh slowly reaches for Maddie's hand, they grip hands tighter, and Maddie snuggles into Josh for several seconds.)
Joey: How did that date with Josh go?
Maddie: Not to brag, but it was pretty spectacular.
Josh: After what? What's going on?
Maddie: Well, I sort of robbed you from catching a home-run ball from your favourite player, so I wanted you to....(smiles) you know, give you a chance to catch one.
Josh: (smiles) Maddie, this is really sweet.
Maddie: I really like Josh. Like really, really like Josh. The last thing I wanna do is make him feel bad.
Josh: I thought when you took me to the ball park, I figured that was my moment to shine.
Maddie: Oooh, you wanted to impress me.
Josh: Yeah, I did, and I'm gonna. But it doesn't count unless you're trying just as hard as I am. (leans in closer to Maddie, gives her a flirty looks) Don't ever turn off your comparative fire. Its one of the things I like most about you.
Maddie: (blushes, giggles and sing-song-y) You like me. How cool is that? But be prepared to be crushed.
(Josh and Maddie compete against each other and he beats her.)
Josh: Boom Howdy!
Maddie: Boom Howdy?
Josh: Yeah, it's my 'bam what!' Yours is better.
Maddie: Yeah, it is!
(Josh and Maddie are on a date)
Maddie: Hey. Thanks for these..(looks down at drink)..... glasses straws, they're super romantic.
Josh: The mango really brings out your eyes.
(Maddie laughs and Josh puts his arm around her.)
Josh and Maddie: (singing) Oh, Goofy Garry's for family fun, the fun time there is never done! Fun, fun, fun, fun!
Parker: Aw, you guys are so cute together.
Josh and Maddie: (excited) Really?
Parker: No. You ruined the song that I love. Nice work, Mosh! (walks away)
Josh: He's not wrong. You did not get the singing gene.
Maddie: Dude, I know right? There is no way anyone could mistake me for Liv Rooney.
Josh: (looks at Maddie) I gotta go.
Josh: Today was fun.
Maddie: Yeah, it was so fun.
(Maddie is at her locker and Josh walks over to her, holding a picnic)
Josh: Maddie, your boyfriend has brought you the finest picnic the dairy belt has ever seen. Chicken salad, potato salad, tuna salad, fruit salad, if its a salad, you will be feasting upon it.
Maddie: Oooh, can't wait, but I didn't hear macaroni salad.
Josh: I'll go raid the teacher's lounge (leaves)
Maddie: Ah, there you go.
Josh: Mosh is rock solid. We've had two great months together.
Maddie: I'm with Josh now. And Josh makes me so happy.
Maddie: (about Josh) Diggie, I'm seeing somebody else. And I really like him a lot.
(Maddie walks over to Josh giggling)
Josh: Wow. You look beautiful, Maddie.
Maddie: (blushes, giggles and smiles) Thanks.
Maddie: And you mister, do make a very handsome usher. (gasps, links arms with Josh) Look at that. My hand fits perfectly in the crook of your arm.
Josh: May I show you to your seat?
Maddie: (smiles, looks at Josh dreamily) Only if its next to yours.
Josh: Maddie, we've got a problem.
Maddie: What? No, everything's fine.
Josh: Everything is not fine. (holds out his hand to Maddie, smiles) This turkey dance doesn't have enough gravy.
Maddie: (laughs, takes Josh's hand) Let's go shake our tail feathers.
Maddie: (sounds checked up and sniffles) I'm really sorry.
Josh: (almost cries) Its okay. I'll be alright.
(Josh really struggles to let Maddie go, devastated, sadly walks away from her, and she almost cries)
Liv: Are you okay?
Josh: (broken) Ever since Maddie broke up with me to be with Diggie, I've....kinda lost my confidence (hangs head down)
Liv: Oh. Yeah, I get that. Break ups are super hard, you know? I just went through one myself.
Josh: Then-then you know what I'm talking about.
Josh: Like last night. I couldn't remember how to brush my teeth as a group, so I did them all...one....at...a...time
Liv: Okay. I just forgot to condition my hair twice, you've got it really bad.
Josh: Help me, Liv. What do I do?
Liv: Um, oh, well, you know what always helps me refocus is just a nice, deep, cleansing breath. Ready? So-
(They do breathing exercises and Josh struggles.)
Liv: Doesn't that feel nice?
Josh: (not breathing properly) What do I do with the air?
Liv: Oh. (helps Josh) Oh Josh. You forgot how to breathe.
Joey: Josh..and Maddie. Couple formerly known as Mosh.
Maddie: I have not seen you since you moved to California. Dude, what is up?
Josh: I'm filming Joey's movie, didnt he tell you?
Maddie: No. No he did not.
Maddie: The only akawardness here is that you two are wearing action pyjamas.
Josh: You totally burned us, nice!
(they high five)
Josh: Nice work! Glad you came out with us, Maddie.
Maddie: Yeah, dude me too. This has been a blast. Who says you can't be friends with your ex?
Josh Probably the same doubter who said you can't make a pyramid out of nachos.
Maddie: Hey Josh.
Joey: Maddie, no!
Maddie: Now I'm really confused. What's going on?
Josh: (pointing to Liv) She told me she didnt want to hang out with me, but she was being you, so it was like you were telling me, but you weren't because you're you and not her...Did-did that clear it up?
Maddie: You are not going to the game.
Josh: Right. Sorry, but me and my best bro have a movie to shoot.
Maddie: Yeah, I totally get it. (Puts her hand on Josh's back) Go shoot the the best worst action movie anyone has ever seen.
Dump Truck: I'm a Josh fan. Team Mosh, forever.
- Maddie and Josh is the most popular paring on the show as of season 3.
- They first met in Cowbell-A-Rooney.
- Their ship name is Mosh
- There's an arc that has the biggest and most romantic moments between Josh and Maddie.
- Josh was revealed to have feelings for Maddie in Cowbell-A-Rooney and he instantly fell in love with her
- Maddie gave Josh basketball lessons in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney
- They almost kiss for the first time in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney
- Josh states in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney that when he looks at Liv, he just sees Maddie
- Josh tried and wanted to ask Maddie out in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney
- Maddie was revealed to like Josh in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney
- Maddie asked Josh out in Vive-La-Rooney, and he said yes.
- Josh told Maddie he really liked her in Vive-La-Rooney
- They started dating in Vive-La-Rooney.
- They went on their first date in Home Run-A-Rooney
- They shared their first hug in Home Run-A-Rooney
- They were still dating in Scoop-A-Rooney
- Joey Bragg (Joey), Lucas Adams (Josh), Just Jared, Jessica Marie Garcia (Willow), Kurt Long (Johnny) and Dove Cameron (Liv and Maddie) all ship Mosh.
- Mosh was voted as one of the cutest couples on TV, along with Lolden.
- The ship name Mosh is first used in Scoop-A-Rooney and is used again 3 times. - In Choose-A-Rooney, Ex-A-Rooney and End-A-Rooney.
- They share their second and third hug in Choose-A-Rooney.
- Maddie had a photo of her and Josh together in her locker, implying their relationship was growing really strong
- Two very important quotes for Josh and Maddie are "If you love someone, set them free" and "If you really love her, you'll let her go", because even though Josh knew he would be heartbroken over Maddie, which he was in Choose-A-Rooney, he knew he had to let her go and let her be happy with Diggie
- Josh revealed in Choose-A-Rooney that he and Maddie had been dating for two months.
- The Mosh colours are blue and red, especially red.
- They broke up in Choose-A-Rooney
- Josh called Maddie beautiful in Choose-A-Rooney
- They shared a dance in Choose-A-Rooney, although it wasn't actually shown.
- They've both almost and have cried over each other, showing how strong their feelings are for each other, especially Josh's feelings for Maddie since he cried over her.
- Maddie often acts nervous and bites her lip when she is around Josh
- Josh tried to get over his fear of heights for Maddie and she wanted to give up her competitive side for him
- Josh was really struggling with the break up between him and Maddie in Friend-A-Rooney, showing he still loved her. He even basically almost died for her, because he almost totally stopped breathing, meaning he almost risked his life for her.
- They are very similar to Jogan from I Didn't Do It. They are also similar to Jesse and Miley from Hannah Montana Forever, Spendy from Good Luck Charlie and Mason and Alex from Wizards of Waverly Place, and Barry and Daisy from Best Friends Whenever.
- Maddie and Josh are an opposites attract couple, like many other couples on Disney Channel and most of the time, the opposite attract couples are the ones who end up together.
- TV Tuesday have said that Mosh are a real match.
- Josh was giving Maddie acting lessons.
- They've almost kissed twice. - In Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and in Scoop-A-Rooney.
- Their arc episodes are:
- Joey, Parker, Gemma, Liv and Dump Truck, are all Mosh shippers.
- Maddie lets Josh say her catchphrase when she never lets anyone else say it.
- In Choose-A-Rooney, there was a live poll to see who was the best boyfriend for Maddie - Josh or Diggie - and Josh won, showing that Maddie and Josh are really meant for each other and meant to be together.
- The main Mosh colour is red and red is the colour of love, hinting that Josh and Maddie might actually be in love.
- They both tried and wanted to sacrifice something to be together . Josh tried and wanted to get over his extreme fear of heights for Maddie, whilst she tried and wanted to get rid of her competitive side for him.
- Josh often stares at Maddie looking very in love as seen in Cowbell-A-Rooney and Home Run-A-Rooney.
- They are very similar to Liv and Holden, because Josh (Liv) was the first to like Maddie (Holden), but couldn't be with them because of Diggie (Andie), but they eventually started dating, but broke up, because of Diggie, leaving Josh (Liv) completely heartbroken, in tears, and Maddie (Holden) almost cried over Josh (Liv).
- There are several songs that represent Josh and Maddie's relationship, (listed above) but the main one is really A Thousand Years Part 2 by Christina Perri.
- Ironically, Lucas Adams (Josh) is dating Shelby Walfert in real-life, who is the body double for Maddie.
- It has been confirmed that Josh is in love with Maddie.
- On Girl Meets World, the ship name for Joshua Matthews and Maya Hart is also known as Mosh.
- From the start of Josh's crush on Maddie (October-Cowbell-A-Rooney) to the point they started dating, (March-Vive-La-Rooney), Josh had liked Maddie for 5 months, and he is still in love with her. Phycologists say that a crush that lasts for 4 months or more is considered "in love", therefore, Josh has been in love with Maddie from the moment they met and still loves her as revealed in Friend-A-Rooney.
- They have similarities to Everlark (Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark) from The Hunger Games.
- Their relationship continues in season 4.
- Ex-A-Rooney is the first time Josh and Maddie have seen each other since their break up.
- When a fan asked Lucas Adams if there is still "hope for Mosh", he replied saying, "I guess you'll have to watch to find out".
- They hang out together again in Ex-A-Rooney, rekindling their friendship.
- Josh is still in love with Maddie.
- They are very similar to Josh and Gabi from Young & Hungry.
- Linda Mathious and Heather MacGillvray, along with Dave Cove, have written and directed the biggest Mosh episodes throughout the show. Linda and Heather both wrote the episodes Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and Ex-A-Rooney, whilst Dave has directed Vive-La-Rooney and Ex-A-Rooney.
- When a fan commented to Ron Hart that he teased about a Mosh moment that didn't happen, in Ex-A-Rooney, he replied with "Oh, did I?", hinting he might have been talking about a later episode. It turned out to be in the final episode.
- Dump Truck says in End-A-Rooney that he ships Mosh, even going as far as saying "Team Mosh, forever".
- One of the crators of the show commented on the possible future of Mosh, had the show continued, saying they wanted to explore the Diggie/Maddie/Josh triangle some more.
Put your name on the list if you ship Mosh!!!
- Annabeth and Percy
- Diego and Maddie rock!
- DisneyChannel Central
- Dove and Ryan 4ever
- R5 & Auslly ROCKS!!!!
- Never Leaving (Mosh)
- New Beginnings (Mosh)
- Mosh One Shots
- The Basketball Hits The Stage
- They Were Still the Same
- Mosh Love Story
- Maddie's Secret
- A Mosh Love Story
- Back to Stevens Point
- A Mosh Story
- What If? (Decedents|Liv and Maddie)
- Mosh: Our Time Is Now
The Mosh Arc is a saga of episodes that have the biggest and most romantic moments between Maddie and Josh
Maddie and Josh first meet when she sees him being thrown against the school lockers and helps him up. Josh tells Maddie that they are just filming a scene from Voltage and she apologises for messing up the scene. Maddie tells Josh to run onto the court during a game, which he agrees on, but she warns him not to do that, causing Josh to end up instantly falling in love with Maddie. When Liv helps Josh fit in at Steven's Point, he and Maddie compete against each other during cowbell week and they are the last two who manage to go to the finals. However, Josh loses when he misses the hoop and, again, slams into the lockers, Maddie is shocked and runs over again to help him up. In the end, at the Rooney's house, after the competition, Josh asks Liv if Maddie is dating anyone and she says no, only for Liv to discover that Josh likes Maddie, which he admits to, saying she is adorable.
Josh decides he wants to spend more time with Maddie and Gemma persuades Liv to help Josh get a date with Maddie. It is also stated that whenever Josh sees Liv, he just sees Maddie and that his crush on her is huge, revealing how strong his feelings are for her, implying he is in love with her, but he is too afraid to ask her out since she just ended a long-distance relationship with Diggie. However, when Liv tells Maddie she has a secret admirer, referring to Josh, Maddie says she is not interested in dating anyone right now, because of what happened between her and Diggie. Liv tells Josh about this, but he decides to take the chance to ask Maddie out anyway despite what Liv has told him. Josh goes in the backyard to see Maddie playing basketball and tricks her into thinking he needs coaching for a scene for next weeks episode of Voltage, even though it's not true, and Maddie agrees to help Josh. During the lesson, they have a game of one-on-one and caught up in the moment, Josh almost kisses Maddie when she asks what happens next, but starts laughing when she is unaware that he wants to kiss her, leaving him confused and somewhat disappointed. When Maddie is reading a script of Voltage, she finds out from Liv that Josh is her secret admirer, but doesn't want to date him when Liv persuades her to. However, this is only because of what happened between Maddie and Diggie. Maddie decides to shut down the whole secret admirer thing down when Liv says she thinks Josh and Maddie would be really good together. During a confessional, Maddie realises she returns Josh's feelings for her, but does not tell him, which Liv also figures out and Maddie agrees to continue giving Josh basketball lessons.
Josh asks advice from Pete about girls, admitting he likes Maddie without Pete realising who Josh is talking about and Josh learns that Maddie's favourite thing to do is play Treehouse Horse, so gets her to play against him, despite his extreme fear of heights. Maddie talks to Pete, telling him she knows Josh likes her and she likes him, but is afraid of getting hurt again. Maddie asks Josh why he is doing this and he tells her he really likes her, but Maddie assures Josh that she isn't sure if she is ready to date anyone yet despite liking him back. Josh convinces Maddie to play a game of Treehouse Horse and if he wins (which he knew was unlikely), she has to go out on a date with him, which she agrees on. When Josh loses against Maddie and starts to leave, she talks him into staying up. During the process, Maddie tells Josh she likes him too and asks him out. Josh, excitedly, agrees to go on a date with Maddie, and they become a couple.
After shooting a scene for Voltage at school, Josh tries to find Maddie to talk about their first date, which Liv teases him about. Josh and Maddie flirt, talking about their date and he tells her that since she beat him at a game of Treehouse Horse, (referring to Vive-La-Rooney) she has to plan the date. Maddie is nervous about her first date with Josh and asks Joey for help, which leads him to tell her they need a place where they can be alone. Maddie and Josh go to a charity baseball game, but when they both try to catch a home run ball by Josh's favourite player, Brandon Crawford, Maddie pushes him out of the way to catch it. Maddie soon realises that Josh is upset and feels guilty for embarrassing and upsetting him, saying she really, really likes Josh, like Maddie's feelings for Josh are stronger than they seem. Maddie decides to make it up to Josh by letting him meet Brandon Crawford and catch a home run ball from him. Josh tells Maddie that he was only upset because he is just as competitive as she is and that every time they hang out, Maddie always beats Josh at something (referring to Cowbell-A-Rooney, Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and Vive-La-Rooney). Maddie realises that Josh has been wanting to impress her, which he says yes too. Josh tells Maddie that she shouldn't give up her competitive side for him, because It's one of the things he likes most about her, making the two to start flirting again. They compete against each other and Josh beats Maddie, the two share their first hug, and make up.
Josh and Maddie's relationship is growing strong and they go on a date. Parker also refers to them as Mosh, which they both seem to like. When they are on a date at Goofy Garry's, a reporter sees them and mistakes Maddie for Liv, which leads a photo of them to be shown on the news. Maddie doesn't want Diggie to see the photo of her with Josh, so asks Liv to play along after telling the world she hasn't had time for a boyfriend. Liv agrees to play along for Maddie's sake. However, this backfires when Josh and Maddie are again at Goofy Garry's and Diggie unexpectedly returns, haven seen the picture of Maddie and Josh, knowing they are dating. Despite Maddie dating Josh, Diggie wants her back, much to her shock. This leaves Maddie confused on who she really wants to be with, leaving the episode on a cliff hanger until the next episode.
Josh reveals that he and Maddie have been together for two months, its been great and they are planning on going on a picnic date. However, when they attend Jonny and Gemma's wedding, problems accrue when Diggie turns up as Joey's plus-one. Maddie tells Liv that she is now with Josh and he makes her really happy and they share their second hug when Josh calls Maddie beautiful. Maddie and Josh share a dance even though its not actually shown. When Diggie sings at the wedding to try to get Maddie back, Josh looks at the way Maddie is looking at Diggie, looking very heartbroken, with his head down and he even cries a bit. After the performance, Maddie and Josh break up with Josh saying Maddie and Diggie have some un-finished business. Maddie apologies to Josh for breaking his heart, and he says its okay. Josh really struggles to let Maddie go, obviously not wanting to let go of her hand, showing how strong his feelings for her really are, but he loves her enough to let her go. Josh sadly walks away from Maddie, devastated, broken, leaving him completely heartbroken and her teary-eyed.
Josh has been feeling very depressed ever since he and Maddie broke up and is suffering from depression and it causes him to no focus properly when he is working on Voltage since he clearly has her on his mind and that he still loves her, but is suffering from a broken heart, which causes him to lose his confidence. Josh is suffering so badly he has forgotten how to do certain things like how to brush his teeth properly and Liv offers to help him by doing breathing excesses. However, it gets worse when Josh forgets how to breathe and almost completely stops breathing. During a scene from Voltage Josh is still having difficulties to the point where he either talks in a low or high voice, but Liv realises Josh is better when Joey is around so Gemma hires Joey to part of Voltage to be able to boost his confidence, which helps Josh get through the scene and increases his confidence. However, when Liv and Joey are talking, Josh overhears Liv telling Joey they are paying him to be Josh's friend, really hurting his feelings and causes him to get mad at them both. Joey and Liv both try to apologise to Josh for hurting his feelings and Joey tells Josh that he hasn't been faking the friendship. Liv apologies to Josh for going behind his back and he accepts it, appreciating her trying to help him. Josh looks at Liv in a very heartbroken way, possibly hinting he might still be seeing Maddie through her (which he stated he does in Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney), but they are able to make up.
Maddie and Josh run into each other when he is working with Joey and she has come home early. Joey has been trying to keep Maddie and Josh apart due to Josh not taking the break up well, showing he might still not be 100% over Maddie just yet. Maddie and Josh are able to rekindle their friendship when they hang out with Joey, which causes Joey to feel awkward, especially since Josh suffered a lot from his break up with Maddie. Josh wants to reschedule filming a scene for his and Joey's movie to hang out with Maddie at a game, but after Liv pulls a switch-a-Rooney, Joey admits that ever since Maddie and Josh have hung out together, he's worried Josh wants to hang out with just Maddie and not him. Josh apologises to Maddie for not going to the game with her and she says she totally gets it.
| To view the Josh and Maddie (relationship) gallery, click here.
| To view the Josh and Maddie (relationship) video gallery, click here.