|“||I guess that's it for the show so Merry Christmas?||”|
Liv is asked to sing a duet at the town’s holiday spectacular but her partner, a nine-year-old aspiring singer (Jenny Keene), is not quite what she seems. Meanwhile, Pete and Maddie are tasked with decorating the town Christmas tree, and Parker sabotages Joey’s get-rich-quick Santa booth.
|As the Rooney family is getting ready for Christmas, Pete shows Karen a rotating tree stand he spent three weeks building, which he claims makes decorating their Christmas tree easier. Just then, Parker tries to manipulate her into getting him an expensive remote control helicopter with a camera. Joey, talks her out of it, by reminding her of another toy that he had ended up clogging the toilet with. Now Parker wants revenge against Joey for doing so.
The annual Stevens Point Holiday Spectacular is coming up, and Liv is asked to host the televised event. Karen brings up a much earlier Christmas event before her time on "Sing It Loud," when she sang a marathon Christmas song medley. When Liv discovers Jenny Keane, the little girl she's asked to perform with shares the same strong desire for the spotlight, trouble ensues. Additionally, Pete and Maddie are in charge of decorating the city's Christmas tree. During an interview with Johnny Nimbus, Pete gets a bout of stage fright on live television, forcing Maddie to step in and announce a much more extravagant Christmas spectacular. After rehearsing their proposed duet for the song "Up on the House Top," with Karen backing them up on the flute, the Rooney matriarch leaves the living room and Jenny reveals her darker side, insisting she is the star of the show, and threatens Liv for trying to take the spotlight.
Meanwhile, Joey tries to set up a Santa stand to make up for the money he owes spending on Christmas gifts and Parker swindles money from Joey while dressed as Santa and an elf in order to purchase an expensive present he suspects no one will give him for Christmas. He does so by getting parents to buy apple juice for the kids who will sit on "Santa's" lap, guaranteeing that they will lose control of their bladders in the process.
The episode ends with Joey watching Karen in the driveway doing her flag spinning routine she used to perform in high school, and inviting Pete and Parker to watch her from the window. Joey finds the whole dance embarrassing, and couldn't be happier that she's doing it.
| This episode summary is not finished yet.
Please excuse the summary's unfinished state and try adding to it so we can finish it!
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
- Ella Anderson as Jenny Keene
Maddie: What did I just do? I just promised that we could top the Grizwaltz tinsel fly by! Why did I just promise that?
Pete: Next time just let me do the talking.
Joey: The only reason I did this Santa Stand was so that I could pay off your Christmas present. [Joey takes out helicopter] I talked Mom out of getting you that helicopter because I already got it for you.
Parker: I'm sorry, Munch, I had no idea you cared.
Joey: Parker, Dad, come quick before it stops!
Pete: What is it, son?
- Liv Rooney and Jenny Keene sing a duet in this episode titled "Up on the Housetop".
- It is revealed that Liv performed the songs, "Frosty The Snowman," "White Christmas," and "Little Drummer Boy," when she was 8 in the Stevens Point Show.
- In the episode, Liv sings "Let It Snow" acoustically. This song was released on the Disney Holidays Unwrapped album but as a pop version rather than acoustic.
- Another one of Liv's TV roles is revealed, Mandy the Singing Muffler.
- Ella Anderson previously guest starred on other Disney Channel series ANT Farm and Dog With a Blog.
- This is the last new episode to air in 2013.
- This episode was in production the week of July 26, 2013 and one of the days it was shot was on July 26, 2013.
| To view the Fa La La La-A-Rooney gallery, click here.