|“||I can't work like this!||”|
When Maddie and Josh start hanging out again, Joey feels awkward by their rekindled friendship. Meanwhile, Parker and Val find themselves in a jam when competing for a coveted finalist spot in the Mars Madness competition.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Emmy Buckner as Liv 2
- Shelby Wulfert as Maddie 2
- Lucas Adams as Josh Willcox
- Chloe East as Val Wishart
Josh and Maddie: Whooo!
Maddie: Who says you can't be friends with your ex?
Joey: (to Maddie) Stop trying to out bro me!
Joey: Maddie, no!
Joey: Josh....and Maddie. Couple formerly known as Mosh.
Josh: Okay, let's take a break.
Joey: Yeah, you're right. What's for lunch?
Karen: Oh, I made chicken.
Joey: I can't work like this!
- This is Josh's first and only physical appearance in season 4.
- This episode was shot on May 3rd, 2016.
- This the first episode of Cali Style without Ruby.
- This episode is obviously to with Josh's relationship with Maddie.
- It was the first episode in season 4 to be filmed out of order since it was filmed as the ninth episode, but aired as the tenth.
- The churro scene with Joey, Josh and Maddie, took at least 3 takes.
- This is the third episode that involves Maddie and Josh's relationship, after Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney and Vive-La-Rooney, that Dave Cove plus Linda Mathious and Heather MacGillvray have all been involved in. With the other episodes, Dave directed Vive-La-Rooney and Linda Mathious and Heather MacGillvray both wrote Secret-Admirer-A-Rooney. All the episodes are very big in Maddie and Josh's relationship.
- Joey stars alongside Josh, replaying his role as Jax Von Hapsburg, making their own movie.
- Their movie Jax and Max is likely a parody of G.I. Joe.
- Joey Bragg was most excited for this episode.
- The title refers to Josh being Maddie's ex-boyfriend.
- The rehearsal for this episode was on April 27th, 2016.
- This is part 7 of the Mosh Arc.
- This episode ends the month long new episodes for January as part of "LAMuary", which starts with Stand-Up-A-Rooney.
- This is the first time Maddie and Josh have seen each other since their split.
- In a post by Just Jared, the plot is slightly different. It adds a bit where Joey starts to question Jpsh and Maddie's friendship, hinting they might still have feelings for each other, or that might be what he's thinking.
- The restaurant from Stand-Up-A-Rooney and Roll Model-A-Rooney is shown again.
- Ron Hart stated this episode was one for the viewers to "see to believe".
- Liv pretends to be Maddie again for the first time since Champ-A-Rooney.
- This is the third time the ship name Mosh is mentioned, the others being in Scoop-A-Rooney and Choose-A-Rooney.
- This episode focuses on the couples, Mosh and Pal, but it is a Mosh episode.
- Despite being a Mosh episode, the episode's main plot is centered around Joey.
- Ron Hart claimed this episode as one of the craziest.
- Ruby is absent in this episode.
- Joey as Falcon returns for the first time since Falcon-A-Rooney.
- Joey says that Josh has not been taking the break up with Maddie well, probably referencing Friend-A-Rooney or that he might still not be 100% over her yet, but he is most likely referencing Friend-A-Rooney.
- Maddie asking Joey how he plays two roles at once and their voices being different is a refernce/pun to Dove Cameron playing both Liv and Maddie at once and changing her voice for both characters.
- Shelby Wulfert was Maddie 2 and Liv as Maddie.
- Many fans thought this episode would be about Josh's feelings for Maddie (although it does seem that he still isn't completely over her), but it was filmed before the airing of Choose-A-Rooney, when almost all of the fans voted for them to be together, which explains why there are no really romantic moments between the two. Instead, it ended up being a Joey-centric episode, where he is worried about losing Josh as his best friend.
- Its shown that Joey isn't brilliant at sarcasm, although Josh and Maddie both might not be great at noticing sarcasum.
- Liv saying : "You belong to the day, I belong to the night" refrences Superman and Batman respectively.
- When Joey says "You ploy on this young boys emotions again?!" to Liv pretending to be Maddie, he is most likely referencing Choose-A-Rooney, when Maddie broke Josh's heart and that he really suffered from their break up.
- Willow is mentioned in this episode.
- This episode seems to foreshadow the events of Sing It Live!!!-A-Rooney.
- In this episode, Josh couldn't tell Liv and Maddie apart when Liv disguised herself as Maddie, yet ironically in Cowbell-A-Rooney, he said it wouldn't be too hard to tell them apart.
- Maddie asks "Who says you can't be friends with your ex?", about her and Josh like its never happened for her, but she was still friends with Diggie after they broke up.
- Joey should not have been allowed to make Jax Von Hapsburg films because he was an actor with that role in Voltage, thus he wouldn't have had the rights to use his character outside of Voltage.
- When Maddie says "No. No he did not" about Joey not telling her Josh is filming his movie, she sounds like Liv.
| To view the Ex-A-Rooney gallery, click here.
| To view the Ex-A-Rooney video gallery, click here.