|“||Sometimes you've got to feel that fear, and decide to do it anyway.||”|
End-A-Rooney is the fifteenth and final episode of season 4. It also serves as the series finale. It aired on March 24th, 2017.
The Rooney house is finally rebuilt and Karen can’t wait to have the family reunite in Wisconsin. However, when exciting opportunities arise for each of the Rooney kids, their summer plans are suddenly thrown into jeopardy.
With Karen excited with the "Summer of Rooney", with the family going their separate ways, the clan plans to spend the summer together before Karen returns to Wisconsin, Liv goes to New York, Joey goes to college, and Parker and Maddie staying in Los Angeles. However, Joey reveals he has the opportunity to tour with a famous comedian, the next week, Maddie gets the grant for tiny houses, but has to fly to New Orleans the next day, Liv's manager Becky reveals the Broadway musical is instead over summer, and the Bio-dome is moved to Bolivia in South America, and Parker also has to leave early. While trying to find out how to break the news to Karen, Diggie moves to California to be with Maddie, but decides to go with Maddie to New Orleans, while Dump Truck reveals he has a moving business. In the end, everyone gathers around a Camp Fire, revealing Willow and Diggie's real names to be Winnifred and Digbert, respectively, and Liv and Artie text for advice. The series concludes with the whole cast singing Better in Stereo. After that, Liv and Maddie share a hug as the screen fades to black, ending the series.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis as Ruby
- Ryan McCartan as Diggie Smalls
- Jessica Marie Garcia as Willow Cruz
- Shelby Wulfert as Maddie 2
- Emmy Buckner as Liv 2
- Chloe East as Val Wishart
- Shak Ghacha as Dump Truck
- Jolie Jenkins as Aunt Dena
- Rena Strober as Becky Bicklehoff
- Bonnie Wallace as Betsy
- Clark Trainor as Benoit
- This is the season 4 and series finale.
- This is Part 3 of the 3-part series finale of Liv and Maddie: Cali Style.
- The last table read was on June 22, 2016.
- The cast shooting days this episode were on June 28 and 29, 2016.
- Josh, Andie, Holden, Artie, and other recurring characters are not in this episode. Although, Josh and Artie are mentioned.
- The only recurring characters that are returning this episode are Willow, Diggie, Val, Aunt Dena, Dump Truck and Becky Bicklehoff.
- June 24th was the last rewrite for the Liv and Maddie writers.
- Following the last day of shooting, there was a series / season wrap party.
- This is the last appearance of Liv Rooney, Maddie Rooney, Karen Rooney, Ruby, Joey Rooney, and Parker Rooney. It's also the last appearance of the recurring characters.
- Dove Cameron's mother, Bonnie Wallace, and Tenzing Norgay Trainor's father Clark Trainor, both made cameo appearances.
- Everyone sings the theme song in this episode.
- In the promo, there are flashbacks from the episodes, Twin-A-Rooney, Slumber Party-A-Rooney, Stand-Up-A-Rooney, Roll Model-A-Rooney, Sing It Live!!!-A-Rooney, Tiny House-A-Rooney, Ex-A-Rooney, Sorta-Sisters-A-Rooney, Big Break-A-Rooney, Voice-A-Rooney, and Cali Christmas-A-Rooney.
- Jessica Marie Garcia's fiance' Adam Celorier and Lucas Adams both attended the live taping.
- In this episode, it is revealed that every confessional in the series was for a reality show in Luxembourg called Bits and Pieces, a reference to Liv and Maddie's original title.
- Josh is mentioned and Dump Truck ships Maddie with Josh. This was likely done as an acknowledgement to the large fanbase towards Mosh.
- Parker and Val seem to be a couple.
- When Dump Truck is binge-watching Bits and Pieces, he says he just watched "the episode where Liv shows Todd Stetson what a girl is". This is a reference to Rate-A-Rooney, and the song featured in it, "What a Girl Is".
- The writers joked we would finally find out Parker's middle name, but it was never revealed.
- Willow and Diggie's full names are revealed.
- Dove Cameron had to film the final scene several times, when singing, due to her crying.
- Not counting Liv singing, the last line of the series is said by Maddie: "Yeah".
- Maddie decides to build tiny houses for homeless people instead of continuing basketball.
- Maddie and Willow have known each other since Maddie was 10.
- Pete, Josh and Artie are all mentioned.
- Liv and Maddie was actually a reality show the characters signed on for when Liv moved back to Wisconsin in the episode "Twin-A-Rooney", which explains the characters breaking the fourth wall. It was all a big twist of the show that the cast actually found out when they filmed the final episode.
- There are no credits in this episode except for a Disney copyright notice.
- This episode aired on July 7, 2017 in the UK.
- In a promotional photo for the episode, if you look closely, when Shelby Wulfert is standing up as Maddie, you can tell it's Shelby, as her face is showing.
| To view the End-A-Rooney gallery, click here.
| To view the End-A-Rooney video gallery, click here.