|“||Finally, a little thriller on the griller!||”|
— Diggie, Switch-A-Rooney
Diggie is a recurring character in the Disney Channel original series Liv and Maddie. He is captain of the boys' basketball team and good friends with Maddie. He is currently dating Maddie as of the episode, Move-A-Rooney.
He is portrayed by Ryan McCartan.
Diggie is not your typical jock. He’s driven and loves basketball, but he has a soft side that he isn’t afraid to expose. He’s funny and quirky, and he has a certain charming nature to him that we see when he gets nervous and playful around Maddie. He’s loyal and a great friend, not only to Maddie but to her brother Joey and to all of Maddie’s friends as well as Liv.  However, it is shown he isn't very bright, as he could not understand simple messages such as when Maddie sent a text to cancel on him.
Diggie is a sophomore at Ridgewood High and is a basketball player at the school's basketball team.
Not much is known about Diggie's history. All is known is that he is a student at Ridgewood High and he is dating Maddie Rooney.
Diggie usually wears casual clothes throughout the series. He is a brunette with brown eyes. He is often seen wearing the purple and white Ridgewood High letterman jacket.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Diggie is a talented basketball player.
- Diggie's a great athlete.
- Diggie is very bad at homophones and sometimes confuses others when he mistakes them.
Diggie and Maddie have a friendly relationship. They're good friends and appear to be very alike. Diggie has made an attempt to ask Maddie out, but her miserably failing to flirt/respond back. When Liv pretends to be Maddie and asks Diggie to the dance, he rejects, only because he knew it was Liv pretending to be Maddie. He claims that he knows Maddie, that even though her sister has the same face, he knew that it wasn't her. He explained how Liv-pretending to be Maddie-didn't do the cute thing she did with her charm bracelet when she was nervous. They start dating in Move-A-Rooney. (See: Diggie and Maddie (relationship))
When Liv first meets Diggie, she's a little confused of how he talked like a sport's announcer, but then he explained why. So afterwards she gets him to say how he would introduce her if he were a sport's announcer. After he does, she smiles, glances at Maddie and says, "Um, approved."
Pete is Diggie's coach. In Switch-A-Rooney, Diggie tries to get Pete to like him so that he and Maddie can date. Near the end of the episode, Pete says that apart from his name, he's alright.
- He wants to be a sports announcer after he plays pro ball, so he practices a lot.
- He thinks the thing Maddie does with her bracelet when nervous is cute.
- He entered the couples costumes contest with Maddie, but he thought they were dressing up as the night, but Maddie actually meant knight, with a K.
- He can tell the difference between Maddie and Liv.
- Maddie has a crush on him and vice versa.
- He is captain of the boys basketball team.
- He is seen to be bad with homophones.
- He took Maddie to the school dance.
- He loves basketball.
- He can drive.
- He's afraid of Maddie's father Pete because he always glares at him when he talks about Maddie.
- He officially starts dating Maddie in Move-A-Rooney.
- He let Maddie wear his Letterman jacket in Move-A-Rooney.
- In Dump-A-Rooney he has 2 number 19 magnets on his locker.
- His team number is 19.
- He's currently dating Maddie.
- He always tries to impress Pete Rooney.
- He once cut his hair to impress Pete Rooney.
- Maddie announced that she and Diggie are dating in BFF-A-Rooney.
- He can sing and play guitar, as shown in BFF-A-Rooney.
- His actual name is unknown
So, Rooney Classic, what are you doing later?
I said no because I knew it was Liv.
Sweet. Hey I'll go as that too then, maybe we could win the couples' costume contest?
Er, and you know when I mean couple I mean the contest category and... well you get it.
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Oh, I thought you meant like 'the night'.
No, sure we can. We're a couple of k/nights! Hah.
Well, I'm in. I want Maddie's sweet 16 to be as amazing as it can be.
Don't worry, birthday girl, your hero's here.
Don't worry, Maddie, I'll drive you anywhere you wanna go. Seriously, why am I still talking? Why am I still here? I'll go get my haircut.
I'm stoked for Maddie. Having a license, that means she can go anywhere and do anything... that a responsible teenager would do after getting approval from her father. Not that I've ever asked her not to get approval, why am I still talking?
"We were supposed to meet for fro-yo.You didn't show-yo. I had to get it to go-yo.
MADDIE ROONEY IS MY GIRLFRIEND!!!!
- Sweet 16-A-Rooney
| To view the Diggie gallery, click here.